Hammock
    The cured intestines of my enemies
    Tarp
    Wing of bat
    Insulation
    Possum fur
    Suspension
    of disbelief
    My preferred solution for preventing a UCR bury sliding down is to use any old cord to tie a whipping knot over the end of the bury, or alternatively just after the end of the bury. The bury cord can be terminated with a short buried end.

This is the best solution for reducing the minimum distance of the UCR.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baka Dasai View Post
    My preferred solution for preventing a UCR bury sliding down is to use any old cord to tie a whipping knot over the end of the bury, or alternatively just after the end of the bury. The bury cord can be terminated with a short buried end.

This is the best solution for reducing the minimum distance of the UCR.

This is what I do as well.

Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    WBRR & Banyan
    Tarp
    Bonded Xenon Wide
    Insulation
    UGQ & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by shichimi View Post
    the shorter is part with prussik which grip end of bury then better. It will make a minimal distance between two ends of UCR more short wich leads to better fit when you try to hang between two close treees.
    Here is my grip part of UCR.

Attachment 178369

And there is no real technical advantage (aside from minimal hang length) between all types of grip part - if it holds it will work.

here is the difference in length between short grip(red) and long grip(blue) (just like already mentioned by ravenblack )

Attachment 178370
    Thank you Shichimi, I think this is what I was trying to get at. There is minimal advantages between the different designs. I do believe that the design that goes from prusik to continuous loop to bury is easier to manipulate though it does have added complexity because of the give that the continuous loop allows for in order to take weight off the prusik in order to move it. I'll have to continue using the two different designs and see if I notice any further differences.

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    You could really simplify things and try this design

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...To-Make-an-UCR

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Different UCR Designs

Phantom guessing, again, with very little if any UCR know how.
    It’s possible to put 1/8 amsteel as inside bury or core, and 7/64 as outside bury or sheath. Tight squeeze on build. Catchy sticky to adjust-holds good.
    Either separately or in conjunction with above, use a more grainy rough rope as inner bury or core. Again slower to adjust and again-holds good.
    Another nifty idea, have you noticed I’m full of it.. an idea man, a dreamer, and seldom a doer
    Suppose you either forgot to do any of previous posters ways of stabilizing end with whipping or prusik loop. Set your bury and form that far end into larkshead, then insert a crushproof toggle and load hammock to set it tight. The bends in larkshead will squeeze bury tight enough to prevent outer part of bury from getting bumped loose. Also it will squeeze the far out of inner bury2

And lastly4now, the loose end dangling down as it exits bury. Tie a slip knot, close to bury exit. If bury slips, it will stop in its tracks when slip knot bumps into sheath. I don’t believe slip knot will come undone and do not believe slip knot can be pulled inside bury.
    When adjusting or breaking camp, just pull on ripcord and slip knot disappears.
    They’s bound to be some lies in year somewheres
    Last edited by Phantom Grappler; 11-28-2019 at 16:28.

I've tried several methods and while I like the whipping method it still slips on me unles I tighten the whipping so hard it becomes a pain to adjust the ucr. Putting a thicker amsteel in a a narrower bury does help but not on it's own, you d still want a whipping or a knot to keep it from slipping. I 'm talking hammock suspension here. For tarp tie outs it all seems more forgiving.
    But the thing that works best is just using it, working in the rope, getting the stretch out.. Once the amsteel is worked in the bury holdd way better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12