DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Definitely a solid 4" coming I'm sure. Just cooked up some andouille, garlic, onion, peppers and mostaccioli in red sauce. I'll freeze that in two 1-gallon bags and have thawed for whenever we're ready.

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Definitely a solid 4" coming I'm sure. Just cooked up some andouille, garlic, onion, peppers and mostaccioli in red sauce. I'll freeze that in two 1-gallon bags and have thawed for whenever we're ready.
    Looks like we're going to have some good eating ahead of us for this 6th annual hang, which has morphed into a week long event for some of us. Here's the lowdown on the gluttonous feast to come: bangers and mash, chili, andouille & mostaccioli in red sauce, homemade tamales, bacon, sausage, variety of soups, bacon wrapped sausages, cheesy potatoes, specialty beer brewed for the occasion, garlic bread, pork and beans, pork loin, cookies, oatmeal bars, eggs and the list goes on! Be ready to burn off those calories on on daily wood runs to feed the long fire. This year, Ed built a new fire grate that will hang under the jumbo sized tripod that I hope the early arrivals have already built...

We got a report from the forward crew that they hit -10 last night and we've got weather in the teens forecasted until Friday, when it warms up to 31. Snow is on the way, so we are in for a full blown winter outing in the woods of northern Michigan. I think there could be up to 11 hot tents, billowing smoke and doing our part for global warming, all on the premise of being warm and toasty in our winter cabins in the woods.

I'll also emphasize that the parking lot could be tight and if there's any possible way for anyone to meet up beforehand at Mill Street Pizza, you can leave a vehicle there as long as you let them know. I know in the past we've jammed that lot pretty full and even had cars alongside the entrance.

Just look for Dogger pointing the way to Camp. Thanks for the pic Christo! .
    Last edited by michigandave; 02-17-2020 at 13:09.

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 hyper D 11’
    Tarp
    12x10 diy hottent
    Insulation
    1.6hyperd quilts
    Darn it -10 sorry I missed that. Lol I did wish I was out there already we’ve had some awesome sky gazing nights that for sure. Pretty good dumping of snow last night in waters just had too so I’d have more chores before I leave tomorrow. See you all soon.

Today's view of the parking lot. Looks like we've got a proper winter hang. Safe travels everyone...blasting off from the D at 4AM Wednesday morning!

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Today's view of the parking lot. Looks like we've got a proper winter hang. Safe travels everyone...blasting off from the D at 4AM Wednesday morning!
    3:45am here. Probably won't even sleep!

Hammock
    DIY 1.6 hyper D 11’
    Tarp
    12x10 diy hottent
    Insulation
    1.6hyperd quilts
    Be real safe it was aweful in Gaylord today. when I went into town for supplies was also nice all the store were empty made shopping stress free. Leaving early in morning will make it nice, no traffic to worry about. Smells awesome in the house been pre cooking a pork roast and making cinnamon friendship bread on top of that been hard keeping my hands out of the bread.

Trip report is live. Please post your pics and stories there.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...-ate-everythng

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567