Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I don't have a great spot to set up in my back yard regarding the hammock distance, but when I get everything I'll set up for a test. Plus a few good stove burn-ins to get the hang of it. Actually since everything is light enough to backpack, I may just sneak into the nearby woods and set up.
    Pics or it didn't happen! Congrats on the new piece of kit and looking forward to checking it out at GT 2020. Sign up if you haven't already.

I was out there last weekend for 3 days, but a few of the guys are spending the week and enjoying winter. Here's the trail over the bridge that was blocked by trees. Thanks to Aaron and Dogger, it's all cleared! You'll get an extra helping of bacon for all of your hard work.

Hammock
    DIY Double layer
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    Dogger TQ/ DIY UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Images
    Cant wait! I need to get out for a quick weekend here in January to test and burn in the new hot tent stove.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Just got back from a Tuesday-Saturday. Arrived to camp around 11pm new years eve and set up the final touches at 11:55pm, so I took a break to bring in the new year in total silence. Kinda creepy. Then a few rounds of gunshots from locals in the far distance.

Great weather and snow for a pre-GT trip. Looked for some more secluded areas for my hot tent, but it's tough! I'll try to find something to get out of the action if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Great weather and snow for a pre-GT trip. Looked for some more secluded areas for my hot tent, but it's tough! I'll try to find something to get out of the action if possible.
    So bummed I missed out of the snow but I had to be back in town for New Years Eve. Our traditional pine village has pretty good capacity, but I hear you on finding alternative spots. Seems like every time I've been back there over the past years, I look for something better and always gravitate back to the pines and the flat ground.

I'll have off site parking finalized soon and will post details soon. Sign up sheet below.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t?usp=drivesdk

Hammock
    WBRR or custom gathered end
    Tarp
    Larger in winter,
    Insulation
    down
    Suspension
    Whoopies, buckles,
    I’m probably going to make it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutch 2.4 Hexon 11'
    Tarp
    DD 4x4, 5x5
    Insulation
    HG econ 0* UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Loop Straps
    Images
    Okay, this crazy weather is making me crazy!!

Have 2-3 inches of ice covering most of the ground around my home this week after last weekends rain/ice storm. Was hoping to do an outing or two this month but the weather and other conflicts have not made it possible. I need my hammock hanging fix, it's been too long.

Looking forward to GT this next month, hopefully with snow and not too cold or too hot temperatures. I know I haven't eaten enough bacon this past month, will probably bring extra to GT. Have some new camping gear that arrived near the end of the year, need to test it out soon.

Need to catch up with everyone around the campfire and see how end of year treated you all. I know I had a good 2019, looking forward to a good 2020 now.

Update the DOC if coming... >>> GREEN TIMBERS 20-23 FEB 2020

If you have any questions, just throw a post up and someone will get back to you soon enough.

February can't come soon enough...

G

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregori View Post
    Okay, this crazy weather is making me crazy!!

Have 2-3 inches of ice covering most of the ground around my home this week after last weekends rain/ice storm.
    7" coming to camp this weekend! Building up that base nicely. That'll put us around 16" and looks like the cold has set in.

Looking like I’ll be attending.

Looking forward to meeting you, Huron Woodsman! Anybody that's coming, make sure to put your info on the spreadsheet...it just makes it easier to determine who's bringing what etc. I usually base a meal on feeding 10, since we always have multiple choices. We're only a few weeks away and it's coming up fast!

Green Timbers really is a unique place with a history going back many, many years. I could imagine what it was like hanging out back there when McClouth Steel used it as their "retreat".

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I think I can rebuild all that...what, 200 or 250 pulk loads of materials?

I'm definitely ready for some timbers of the green variety.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast