Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not Black Friday?

Has anyone heard if George is doing a not black friday sale this year? I am purchasing a ridge reaper in the next few days or so.
    Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    George doesn't do sales.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    George doesn't do sales.
    Not anymore? He used to.

Hammock
    SLD 11'
    Tarp
    11' HG w/ doors
    Insulation
    DIY or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing/Beckett
    Used to. Due to health issues, hes taken a more laid back approach to life and his business. A sale isnt impossible, but dont expect one.

Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    Used to. Due to health issues, hes taken a more laid back approach to life and his business. A sale isnt impossible, but dont expect one.
    10-4. No big deal. Still going to order from him. Just thought if I could save a couple bucks on my UQ I would be able to order a TQ from him quicker. Thanks

Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaJosh View Post
    10-4. No big deal. Still going to order from him. Just thought if I could save a couple bucks on my UQ I would be able to order a TQ from him quicker. Thanks
    He doe's offer a 5% discount on orders of at least 2 quilts at the same time, not including Operator and Saver Series.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    George decided against sales in this thread:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...nning+sales%2C

"I have taken a long look at the market and it's downward spiral and decided instead of running sales, to just put our best price forward up front. I believe we are fair in our pricing, and by no means are we getting rich. Honestly I'd rather do less at a consistent price, than make my customers wait for sales and have spikes in wait times. Those who believe our products are worth a little extra will buy from us, and those who shop price will do just that. I just think it's a fairer way of treating my customers. I do appreciate you considering us though."
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    SLD WH
    Insulation
    MH 0 Bag/LL 0 RR
    Suspension
    STRAPS
    If you're interested I've got a BRAND NEW Ridge Reaper 0 degree, 900 fill power Downtek goose down, with Argon 67 fabrics Saddle Brown exterior/Titanium Gray interior w/matching threads. Never used. Including shipping $285

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    George decided against sales in this thread:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...nning+sales%2C

"I have taken a long look at the market and it's downward spiral and decided instead of running sales, to just put our best price forward up front. I believe we are fair in our pricing, and by no means are we getting rich. Honestly I'd rather do less at a consistent price, than make my customers wait for sales and have spikes in wait times. Those who believe our products are worth a little extra will buy from us, and those who shop price will do just that. I just think it's a fairer way of treating my customers. I do appreciate you considering us though."
    This is still my sentiment - best price forward. Believe me, I an grateful for each and every sale, and this policy has given me the ability to be a little more consistent in meeting expectations, especially since I decided earlier this year to go back to being a one man shop.

As has been pointed out already, we do offer 5% for multi quilt purchases year round, as well as discount for active and retired military, and nobody says friends can't get together and bundle and save.
    Last edited by georgecarr; 11-17-2019 at 21:00.

Quote Originally Posted by georgecarr View Post
    This is still my sentiment - best price forward. Believe me, I an grateful for each and every sale, and this policy has given me the ability to be a little more consistent in meeting expectations, especially since I decided earlier this year to go back to being a one man shop.

Giving my family a 10 or 15% pay decrease hardly seems like the start of a merry holiday season. As has been pointed out already, we do offer 5% for multi quilt purchases year round, as well as discount for active and retired military, and nobody says friends can't get together and bundle and save.
    I just want to say that giving your family a decrease in revenue was not/is not my intent. I was going to just use any savings towards a top quilt from you. I just unfortunately cannot afford to purchase both at this time.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast