DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG 12' Hex
    Insulation
    EE TQ, CRO UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Becket H
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    I actually have a UQ in UP for them that compresses great, but they also shared a video about it a couple of weeks ago. For the price difference, I tend to side with UP.

https://youtu.be/T0PYxh3g-NU

I've purchased three UP quilts from CRO and have nothing but good things to say about the product. Comfortable, compressible, and affordable.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I just put a CRO UP top quilt through an absolute war in the Everglades for 4 nights this week. Everything in camp was completely soaked with humidity, and I mean everything. When I climbed in the hammock, it was wet, I was wet, and the inside and outside of the quilt was wet with dew. It’s been a while since I saw it like this. Plus it was chilly,45 the first night, 52 on the second, which when soaked with dew can be an issue. I will say that I was literally hot under that quilt. It worked amazingly well under extreme dampness. I ordered a 20 degree before this trip, because I slept cold and I usually add 15-20 degrees to companies ratings before I order. And this quilt is quite a bit warmer than what most of my camping requires. I will be ordering a 40 degree next. It’s comfy, super soft, and a workhorse in the wet. Definitely an asset for adverse conditions.

Hammock
    DH Raven, WBRR
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Best deals on a Top Quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    I just put a CRO UP top quilt through an absolute war in the Everglades for 4 nights this week. Everything in camp was completely soaked with humidity, and I mean everything. When I climbed in the hammock, it was wet, I was wet, and the inside and outside of the quilt was wet with dew. It’s been a while since I saw it like this. Plus it was chilly,45 the first night, 52 on the second, which when soaked with dew can be an issue. I will say that I was literally hot under that quilt. It worked amazingly well under extreme dampness. I ordered a 20 degree before this trip, because I slept cold and I usually add 15-20 degrees to companies ratings before I order. And this quilt is quite a bit warmer than what most of my camping requires. I will be ordering a 40 degree next. It’s comfy, super soft, and a workhorse in the wet. Definitely an asset for adverse conditions.
    Awesome. Glad to hear about the performance. I love CRO gear, but always good to have firsthand colder/wetter UP confirmation. I ordered a 40* UP top quilt a couple of weeks ago for a Grand Canyon rafting trip this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    Quote Originally Posted by jdy98p View Post
    Awesome. Glad to hear about the performance. I love CRO gear, but always good to have firsthand colder/wetter UP confirmation. I ordered a 40* UP top quilt a couple of weeks ago for a Grand Canyon rafting trip this fall.

I have been using climashield apex synthetics for sometime. Underquilts and top, and I can say without a doubt the UP far and away outperforms. I always add 20 degrees to anything synthetic that I buy. I sleep cold and in my opinion some of these vendors ratings on their synthetic gear is a little low. But people are different and deal with temperature in different ways. But to be honest, it would be hard to tell the difference between UP and a down equivalent. Except that the performance doesn’t fall off when it’s wet. You should be pretty happy with your quilt.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG 12' Hex
    Insulation
    EE TQ, CRO UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Becket H
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltfly View Post
    I have been using climashield apex synthetics for sometime. Underquilts and top, and I can say without a doubt the UP far and away outperforms. I always add 20 degrees to anything synthetic that I buy. I sleep cold and in my opinion some of these vendors ratings on their synthetic gear is a little low. But people are different and deal with temperature in different ways. But to be honest, it would be hard to tell the difference between UP and a down equivalent. Except that the performance doesn’t fall off when it’s wet. You should be pretty happy with your quilt.

Agreed. I much prefer my UP quilts to my APEX quilts. UP quilts pack smaller than the Apex variety and I think the UP is more comfortable.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12