HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up 1st night in my new HG 20° Burrow....

This time of year is always difficult for me as far as TQ's go. I've got the -10° Burrow for deep winter, and the 40° Econ Burrow or 40° +3oz CDT for warmer fall nights, but nothing really inbetween but my 32°Snugpak TQ or Cocoon and they're just too heavy to pack. So, I finally broke down and got a 20° Burrow to round things out.

Since today is my 38th b-day, I figured why not take advantage of HG's fall sale and get an in stock quilt to save money since they aren't doing custom jobs right now anyway. I got lucky and found exactly what I was looking for : 20°, short × wide , sewn fb, dark olive/black. My -10° is a custom short 60" , but the 40° is standard since it was an in stock quilt and that's all they had at the time. Having the 20° short is definitely a better fit lengthwise since I HATE having a ton of excess quilt bunched up in my face, and having it wide as well will let either myself or my wife use it on the qround if needed.

So, since tonight's low is 27° and the 20° burrow arrived today , it's the PERFECT opportunity to test it out. I've got my XLC + Old Man Winter, -10° 'Bator to pair with the new TQ. The air and water are both so flat and calm I can hear people talking on the other side of the bay..... over a mile away! It's definitely a perfect night for hanging while taking in the peace and quiet without the flock of commando geese lol. Bring on the cold, I'm set for just about every temp and weather condition combo I could ever see here I think.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair, Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG, Zpacks, DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre, HG
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    I got the same quilt during the HG sale, but haven't had a chance to check it out... anxious to hear your report!

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    What great timing. Very cool that you can hear at such distance over the water. Let us know how it goes. Never disappointed with HG.
    "If we lose the forests, we lose our only instructors. People must see these forests and wilderness as the greatest educational system that we have on the planet. If we lose all the universities in the world, then we would lose nothing. But If we lose the forests, we lose everything." -- Bill Mollison

Happy Birthday Chesapeake!! My day today brightened just a bit with a delivery of an Econ 0* Burrow.
    I’m hoping I get a chance to try it out soon. Might try to get to a local park for part of Thanksgiving weekend. I’m on call that weekend so gotta have the phone reception and laptop available - but should still be able to get out and have some relaxing time outside. If anyone is interested, I’m checking out some DE state parks for a reservation Friday thru Sunday if anyone wants to come with...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey! Happy Birthday!! What a great way to celebrate!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I never take my HG 20* Phoenix below 30* F, but I suppose a Burrow is a bit warmer. Good luck!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I never take my HG 20* Phoenix below 30* F, but I suppose a Burrow is a bit warmer. Good luck!
    It got down to 26° and the temp inside the pocket of my fleece was 81° when I woke up @630. Id call that a win. Now, if I weren't in my front yard I would definitely hold to the 10° buffer rule, but at home I don't mind pushing them.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    Happy Birthday Chesapeake!! My day today brightened just a bit with a delivery of an Econ 0* Burrow.
    I’m hoping I get a chance to try it out soon. Might try to get to a local park for part of Thanksgiving weekend. I’m on call that weekend so gotta have the phone reception and laptop available - but should still be able to get out and have some relaxing time outside. If anyone is interested, I’m checking out some DE state parks for a reservation Friday thru Sunday if anyone wants to come with...
    I might be interested....

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    What great timing. Very cool that you can hear at such distance over the water. Let us know how it goes. Never disappointed with HG.
    It was flatter than this last night, almost mirror like. Sound does some weird things down here sometimes, like when I can here a band play at the restaurant that's on the water in town...... 2 miles from my house as the crow flies or people talking out on their boats but I can't see them bc they are around the point from me. But the flip side is that I can here the large squadron of geese and ducks ALL night long even when they aren't parked out front lol.

IMG_20191115_073004.jpgIMG_20191115_072959.jpg

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    It's a goodie...used often between 15° and 41° for me. Yes, it's about that specific.

I'm always amazed at how sound travels over water. People with normal voices sound like they yelling when I'm trying to sleep...1/2 mile across a lake! So when they are yelling, the trip is officially ruined.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast