This time of year is always difficult for me as far as TQ's go. I've got the -10° Burrow for deep winter, and the 40° Econ Burrow or 40° +3oz CDT for warmer fall nights, but nothing really inbetween but my 32°Snugpak TQ or Cocoon and they're just too heavy to pack. So, I finally broke down and got a 20° Burrow to round things out.

Since today is my 38th b-day, I figured why not take advantage of HG's fall sale and get an in stock quilt to save money since they aren't doing custom jobs right now anyway. I got lucky and found exactly what I was looking for : 20°, short × wide , sewn fb, dark olive/black. My -10° is a custom short 60" , but the 40° is standard since it was an in stock quilt and that's all they had at the time. Having the 20° short is definitely a better fit lengthwise since I HATE having a ton of excess quilt bunched up in my face, and having it wide as well will let either myself or my wife use it on the qround if needed.

So, since tonight's low is 27° and the 20° burrow arrived today , it's the PERFECT opportunity to test it out. I've got my XLC + Old Man Winter, -10° 'Bator to pair with the new TQ. The air and water are both so flat and calm I can hear people talking on the other side of the bay..... over a mile away! It's definitely a perfect night for hanging while taking in the peace and quiet without the flock of commando geese lol. Bring on the cold, I'm set for just about every temp and weather condition combo I could ever see here I think.