Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    It's a goodie...used often between 15° and 41° for me. Yes, it's about that specific.

I'm always amazed at how sound travels over water. People with normal voices sound like they yelling when I'm trying to sleep...1/2 mile across a lake! So when they are yelling, the trip is officially ruined.
    Yeah, some nights the band will sound so close I can hear it over my Kindle that's right in the hammock with me. And still worse, I'm also about 2 miles up the bay from Aberdeen Proving Ground, a small base where the Army tests munitions & ordinance, has a tank test track and the MD Air Nat'l Gaurd has their A-10 Warthog squadron. They have a restricted area on the water in front of the base that the ANG A-10's use for live fire practice, and where the Army tests ordinances of varying sizes. During the day my entire house will rattle like a bomb just went off in my yard ( which I guess is kinda almost the case isn't it ? lol) . Luckily for me they only test ordinance on the ground at night and not over the water. Still though, when they do it feels like I'm in a war zone. Although, I think a trip almost getting ruined bc of someone else being loud and inconsiderate would piss me off even more lol. Stupid sound! lol
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 11-15-2019 at 10:32.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Happy Birthday friend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless - for now
    Tarp
    Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Yeah, some nights the band will sound so close I can hear it over my Kindle that's right in the hammock with me. And still worse, I'm also about 2 miles up the bay from Aberdeen Proving Ground, a small base where the Army tests munitions & ordinance, has a tank test track and the MD Air Nat'l Gaurd has their A-10 Warthog squadron. They have a restricted area on the water in front of the base that the ANG A-10's use for live fire practice, and where the Army tests ordinances of varying sizes. During the day my entire house will rattle like a bomb just went off in my yard ( which I guess is kinda almost the case isn't it ? lol) . Luckily for me they only test ordinance on the ground at night and not over the water. Still though, when they do it feels like I'm in a war zone. Although, I think a trip almost getting ruined bc of someone else being loud and inconsiderate would piss me off even more lol. Stupid sound! lol
    Hey happy birthday! How close are you to Rodney? Our troop has been rotating it in to our summer camp selection about every third year. Neat place. Hanging was a little tough - lots of mile-a-minute and other unwelcoming undergrowth. But the bay was awesome.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Nat'l Gaurd has their A-10 Warthog squadron.
    Those are pretty cool to see. A pair flies around town here often, mowing the lawn.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jedavisii View Post
    Hey happy birthday! How close are you to Rodney? Our troop has been rotating it in to our summer camp selection about every third year. Neat place. Hanging was a little tough - lots of mile-a-minute and other unwelcoming undergrowth. But the bay was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jedavisii View Post

I'm directly across from it and can see its beach and the neighborhood ( Red Point) that's next to it clearly with my binos. When I was a kid and in scouts I used to go to summer camp every year and our troop, 131, would always have our camping trips there. I can still remember swimming in the pool, hikes up Bull Mtn. and camping with my Dad on pack/troop camping trips. Having it in our troops backyard was awesomeness. In the pics below, Rodney is between the two trees in the first and in the middle of the frame in the second & third. I've got a pic from a few winters ago when the bay was frozen over. My oldest daughter and I are standing on the ice in the middle and my wife took some pics of us from our beach as we were walking across lol. We ended up going about ¾ of the way to Rodney before it started to get dark and we had to turn back!

IMG_20191115_105200.jpgIMG_20191115_105113.jpgIMG_20191115_073007.jpg
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    Those are pretty cool to see. A pair flies around town here often, mowing the lawn.
    Yeah they are, and loud as all hell too..... That's pure 'Murica firepower right there!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Thanks for the b-day wishes everyone! I had a nice relaxing day just chilling around the house, my wife and 3 daughters took me out to eat , then I got to use my new TQ...... What more could a man ask for ya know?

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket
    Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I can't wait to get an Econ 20 Burrow to go with my Econ 20 Incubator!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12