Hammock
    warbonnet ridgerunner
    Tarp
    DIY Dyneema
    Insulation
    warbonnet lynx
    Suspension
    dutch jewelery
    Try to put a prussik with a hook or carabiner on the footend of your ridgeline, and feed the uq suspension through it. It helps to push the footend where it should.

See what I mean:

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ, UQ, UQP
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckle
    WOW...great image!
    "Always pass on what you have learned" - Yoda

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG CF w/ doors
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge River
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by infrastellar View Post
    Try to put a prussik with a hook or carabiner on the footend of your ridgeline, and feed the uq suspension through it. It helps to push the footend where it should.

See what I mean:

Pretty sure Dutch also makes (and possibly other vendors) plastic clips for this as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hello, new member here!

Just back from my first cold trip of the year and I had the exact same problems as the original post. (20F Economy Incubator with WB Blackbird XLC)

I struggled the beginning of the night with a calf ridge that was caused by the UQ. Then when I got that solved, I woke up freezing (mostly under my back) and noticed that there was a gap between the UQ and the hammock about the width of my hand.

I also managed to break the s-biner on the foot end.

I had setup the hammock and UQ with my wife in the hammock. Worked well for her, but I’m about 45kg/90lbs heavier than her so adjustments didn’t carry over.

I read through great answers on this thread and will give them a try.

One question comes to mind: how do you feel about running bungee cord over the ridgeline and bugnet in order to pull the UQ more towards the hammock? Will it wear out the bugnet over time? (I don’t want to remove the bugnet because of the awesome shelve in the Blackbird’s top cover/bugnet).
    Last edited by Jarkko; 02-17-2020 at 16:18.

Jarko,

I'd remove the bug net and use a separate side pouch to replace the shelf. Of course, if the footbox is also important to you, my suggestion won't work for you.

I'd be a bit concern about wear too but others might have more insight/experience.

Quote Originally Posted by TominMN View Post
    Of course, if the footbox is also important to you, my suggestion won't work for you.
    Thank you for pointing this out, I had forgotten about loosing the foot back as well.

I did some backyard testing today based on all the advices and came to a conclusion that I couldn’t get the UQ high enough if I attached the UQ’s primary suspension to the ends of my hammock (where my whoopie slings start.

I got much better results if I had the UQ’s suspension connected to an extra line coming from the tree. This helped to lift the UQ higher and removed the gap between the hammock and UQ that formed under my back.

Here is a picture of the extra line that I added (the yellow one)

9DBD8542-33CD-4772-8807-00F3ED94F766.jpeg

You might be able to achieve the same results by shortening the primary suspension (the shock cord) on the UQ.

That picture seems to show that you needed to extend the UQ suspension, as it is, beyond the hammock body. Normally that shouldn't be necessary.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarkko View Post
    Thank you for pointing this out, I had forgotten about loosing the foot back as well.

I did some backyard testing today based on all the advices and came to a conclusion that I couldn’t get the UQ high enough if I attached the UQ’s primary suspension to the ends of my hammock (where my whoopie slings start.

I got much better results if I had the UQ’s suspension connected to an extra line coming from the tree. This helped to lift the UQ higher and removed the gap between the hammock and UQ that formed under my back.

Here is a picture of the extra line that I added (the yellow one)

9DBD8542-33CD-4772-8807-00F3ED94F766.jpeg
    I did a video on setting an Incubator up. May give some insight.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I did a video on setting an Incubator up. May give some insight.
    Shug
    Thank you Shug for the tip and for all the great videos you have done. Have been following your channel for a couple of years and enjoy the content a lot!

The video you linked was the first I went through when I got the Incubator and got things almost working. I even tried tightening the primary suspension around the whipping like you recommended, but just couldn’t get rid of the gap under my back. I don’t know if it’s because my Blackbird is the heavy double version, but for some reason I don’t seem to “sink towards” the UQ when I lay on my back.

Today I tried lifting the UQ’s primary suspension above the hammocks suspension and it seems to have helped. Will have to run more tests.
    Last edited by Jarkko; 02-18-2020 at 12:32.

One thing that took me a while to realize is that my hammock was supposed to go through the end of the hammock—the cord that ties the UQ ends together makes a loop at each end. Seems like folks use a quick release where, from HG, mine was tied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast