Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    CC Ponderosa
    Insulation
    Sheltowee
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    My SAR K9 comes with me just about everywhere. I use the Pet Palace and the Ruffwear Highlands sleeping bag system. That way he can sleep on the ground below me or cause he’s only 50 lbs he can sleep with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Each of us has an Up North. It's a time and a place far from the here and now. It's a map on the wall, a dream in the making, a tugging at one's soul. For those who feel the tug, who make the dream happen, who put the map in the packsack and go, the world is never quite the same." Sam Cook, Up North 1986

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    atlas xl straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssplash View Post
    My SAR K9 comes with me just about everywhere. I use the Pet Palace and the Ruffwear Highlands sleeping bag system. That way he can sleep on the ground below me or cause he’s only 50 lbs he can sleep with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is one good looking photogenic dog there!

Hammock
    WB RR
    Tarp
    12' Winter Shelter
    Insulation
    Quilts
    You could use a closed cell pad, cutting down a sleeping pad or yoga mat to the appropriate size.
    We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin
    (known as a win-win on this forum)

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ; LL/HG TQ
    Suspension
    CL w/ Tensa 4
    I simply use a home made windbreak that is similar to the Dutch pup tent but only closed on three sides. It’s enough to provide a complete windbreak if pitched properly. I also bring along a cut down to size CCF pad to provide him insulation from the ground.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    EE 20/30 Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Depends on the dog: I've got a a Samoyed, so cold's not much of an issue for her. Heck, my 1st one would refuse to come inside at night in sub-zero temps and blowing snow. I give her a cut-off section of foam pad to lay on but she's not much interested in using it. The bigger problem is her getting riled up by night time noises like coyotes. She's been getting better with experience but this one's still a pup. I do like hiking with a dog though: they're great company.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Just my opinion but I would not use an inflatable pad unless it is high quality so the nails won't hurt it and it has to be insulated. Blow up pads have no R rating to keep the pup warm.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    atlas xl straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dkurfiss View Post
    Just my opinion but I would not use an inflatable pad unless it is high quality so the nails won't hurt it and it has to be insulated. Blow up pads have no R rating to keep the pup warm.
    I was thinking of going with some of that flat synthetic insulation between two sheets of fabric. I'm leaning towards the pup-tent and modifying it with the insulation on the walls and floor where it will still compress down to a reasonable size.
    "...films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult." - George Orwell

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Hybrid Shelter
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    LL Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    My girl Maggie, is 60 lbs. of Shepard/Beagle mix and she sleeps with me in the hammock (Dutch Chameleon). She's never damaged the hammock. I've got a 15degree 900 fill down top quilt and a 20 degree 800(?) fill down under quilt. We stay almost too warm.

Here's Maggie
    maggie.jpg

Here's Maggie in the Hammock with me.
    Maggie Hammock.jpg

To maybe give you a better idea of her size... This is a picture we took on the AT in 2018.
    maggie AT.jpg

Hammock
    Clark NX-270
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre
    Suspension
    atlas xl straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toferj View Post
    My girl Maggie, is 60 lbs. of Shepard/Beagle mix and she sleeps with me in the hammock (Dutch Chameleon). She's never damaged the hammock. I've got a 15degree 900 fill down top quilt and a 20 degree 800(?) fill down under quilt. We stay almost too warm.

Here's Maggie
    maggie.jpg

Here's Maggie in the Hammock with me.
    Maggie Hammock.jpg

To maybe give you a better idea of her size... This is a picture we took on the AT in 2018.
    maggie AT.jpg
    Good looking dog! That is about the size of my Roo Roo, so maybe I will give it a try when I get another hammock. My current hammock is a Clark and I just can't risk it now that they are gone. Do you do anything special with the nails? Does your dog pretty much just lay and stay or does it like to move around like mine does?
    "...films, football, beer and above all, gambling filled up the horizon of their minds. To keep them in control was not difficult." - George Orwell

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End---1.6 Hexon D
    Tarp
    HG Journey (11')
    Insulation
    DIY w/ CDTs
    Suspension
    various
    When he was still with us, we took our black German Shepherd dog with us on summer trips in the Adirondacks. He was crate trained; we used a cheapo kid's tent (poly tarp bathtub, shock-corded poles) as his crate away from the crate. It was heavy (4 lbs), but worth it for the continuity of routine. As a bonus, he stayed cozy, dry, and comfortable while we slept in lean-tos (pre-hammock days). We haven't camped with the next gen pups: they're cray cray.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast