These pictures follow the process for my design and print of my stained glass pattern.

When I attended the MI Chili hang a couple years ago, I saw this guys's tarp design. Gargoyle said it was his Skylight design. I've been in love with it ever since. And I needed to wait until tarp vendors started selling teal fabric for the side panels. That started to happen last year.

I wanted to make a tarp with an original pattern design for the skylight section. So, I purchased a photo from Shutterstock. It was the design I liked and close to the colors I liked too. This design was 12 inches wide by 12 inches high.

My neighbor, Jayne, let me use her Adobe Photoshop program to edit the original block. I removed the greens and purples and left only hues of teal.

After flipping, rotating, mirroring and inverting the design, it was starting to take shape. Since I wanted the pattern to be random, I pasted the main block with some space between other blocks. I cut/pasted individual squares into those black spaces and made it uniform. My orignial idea was to make an original pattern 13 feet long and 3 feet wide and then mirror flip to make the necessary 13 feet by 6 feet wide for the fabric width.

Turns out, the width of the fabric is less than 6 feet and I decided to do more individual tile work rather than mirror the entire thing. This process was lengthy and my neighbor was very patient as this file grew to be 4 GB. Justin (from RSBTR) said it's the largest file he's ever had to transfer for printing and it took four days to send!!! The only other large file (Starry Night) he was able to hand deliver the file.

This process took 13 months for me to complete and I got the material today. 1.9 oz Silpoly. I'm so excited over it!!

I'm so in LOVE with the individual pieces and each block is like a piece of art.

The Omnicolor solid color webbing matches perfectly! These will become matching tree straps for me.

My camping cat, Kizme, approves!

I was nervous how well my pattern would match the solid dark teal color I got a year ago. It matches perfectly!

In fact, ALL the Omnicolor fabric I have purchased matches perfectly. I can't wait to get started on this tarp, and underquilt protector, and sock, and tarp skin, and bug net, and pillow...... I have so much work to do now!