Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' Noah
    Insulation
    Big Agnes air mat
    Suspension
    Warbonnet

OK, have at it!

OK, first practice hang. Hot summer night..... if I'm sweating too much, I'll hightail it into the central AC! The experiment progresses. Gonna TRY to include a couple of pictures here, too, or this thread is useless.
    Done right? Done wrong? What say you?
    The foot and the head seem to be ALMOST level with the foot very slightly elevated. My initial try out led me to this configuration. We'll see how it goes this evening.
    The tarp is too high, I know, but I'm gonna leave it thus for now, no rain expected tonight ( famous last words! )
    Got my Big Agnes insulated air mattress in between the bottom sheets of the WBRR. Got a couple of towels in a stuff sack for a pillow and a Marmot 40* bag.
    Critiques are IMG_3303.JPGIMG_3306.JPGall valued. IMG_3303.JPGIMG_3306.JPG

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' Noah
    Insulation
    Big Agnes air mat
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    Well..... got picture doubles up there! I'll settle to leave it be. :-)
    gary

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningRigging View Post
    OK, first practice hang. Hot summer night..... if I'm sweating too much, I'll hightail it into the central AC! The experiment progresses. Gonna TRY to include a couple of pictures here, too, or this thread is useless.
    Done right? Done wrong? What say you?
    The foot and the head seem to be ALMOST level with the foot very slightly elevated. My initial try out led me to this configuration. We'll see how it goes this evening.
    The tarp is too high, I know, but I'm gonna leave it thus for now, no rain expected tonight ( famous last words! )
    Got my Big Agnes insulated air mattress in between the bottom sheets of the WBRR. Got a couple of towels in a stuff sack for a pillow and a Marmot 40* bag.
    Critiques are IMG_3303.JPGIMG_3306.JPGall valued. IMG_3303.JPGIMG_3306.JPG
    Looks pretty good. The only way to find your best hang is to what your doing. Try it out. Make notes and go from there.
    Have a good slumber.
    Always a bit hard to sleep in the yard sometimes with urban noise.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Good luck! Hope you update us with how it went and what you learned!
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    WBBB & FreeBird
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    Incubator & FJ
    Your angle of your suspension might be a little low. It’s hard to tell by the picture. The big question is how does it feel when you lay down? I tend to put my foot end up almost 1’ higher than my head. It helps me find the best sweet spot when laying down. That is what works for me. You could be different though. Keep trying and adjusting to find what works best for you. Enjoy!

Hammock
    Warbonnet RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' Noah
    Insulation
    Big Agnes air mat
    Suspension
    Warbonnet
    G'morning! Had a pretty good night's sleep. I'm on a pretty quiet piece of roadway, especially at night, and have a "wall" of tall bushes to insulate me from that road. Woke up and moved around several times during the night which is typical for me anyway. I did find that I pulled myself toward the head end of the hammock a couple of times.... perhaps raise the foot a bit for this evenings continuation of the trial. It was a bit of a warm sticky night here in west Massachusetts, but cooled down to the middle/upper sixties past midnight. Woke up just before 0500 which is also typical for me. Woke up to a beautiful chorus of bird songs. I swear a mockingbird was in one of the trees I was hanging from, but couldn't see him through the tarp. What a beautiful way to wake up. Also, it was nice to be able to swing around into a seated position on arising as opposed to crawling out of a little tent in the morning. Thanks to all for the input.
    Gary

Hammock
    DIY 11' 1.6 HyperD
    Tarp
    DIY 11' 1.1 SilPol
    Insulation
    AHE
    Suspension
    Evo loops baby!
    Morning Gary, glad to hear you had a good night! I slept out last night too and was delighted to find myself quite comfortable at a humid 65 degrees when I know from experience I'd be roasting in a tent. I was a little disappointed not to have promised rain overnight, I wanted to test my tarp! My still newbie-ish advice is keep practicing! The more times I sleep out, and make adjustments the better things get. I need to get my foot end a little higher I think, I woke up sliding down this morning but I seem to have my ridgeline dialed in.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Nice job with your first hang. If you slept through the night and didn't wake up on the ground (or in the plant you hung over) you had a successful hang.

I was out in the hammock lab as well. Low of 63 hear on Long Island.

FWIW, my foot end is a good 12" above my head. I pitch the tarp on the same angle, with double porch mode at the feet. I enter/exit from the foot end.

Keep notes of your hangs.. Temp, quilts, hammock (if you have more than one) and what you wore. Useful and interesting info to look back on.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

OK, have at it!

bonus points for blocking the house entrance! looks like your doing great!

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images

Right on!! Well done! Isn't it so FUN!? Fiddling and figuring this stuff out?!

I like to have my feet a bit higher than my head. How much higher varies depending on what hammock I'm using. As SHUG said, keep doing what you are doing. Hang and try stuff out and you'll get it dialed in. YAY! I can't wait to see and hear more of your hammock adventures.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast