10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops

OR/ Lower Rogue River Canyon/11/8/19

Hey everybody! Once upon a time I used to spend a lot of time around here. I'm probably new to a lot of you. I've been gone for awhile but miss this space and plan on being more present! Sooooooooo, after a very long season of commercial river guiding I'm finally able to get back to my hammock! This entire season I slept on treeless rocky beaches! I ended up getting a cot and I made myself a 4" thick sleeping pad to get through it. Ground dwelling still sucks! Finally though I'm able to get back to hanging! This trip is especially awesome because it is going to be a packrafting trip! 2 buddies and I are setting out Friday after work just to get some miles paddled. Plan on rafting class III all day Saturday, take out, camp, then hike out 15 miles. I plan on taking plenty of pics and will post a trip report when I get back. Good to be back here!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    Just got back from the packrafting trip! It was awesome! Ended up having to do 3 stack bunk bed style with 1 HH tarp. Worked out nice! I wasn't the photographer on this trip so the pics will be on a later post

Welcome back- looking forward to your trip-pics. You might want to look at the 'Tensa-4" packable (11 lbs) hammock stand, and no trees required. This stand was designed by two of our own- raftingtigger and latherdome- who are now selling it. I have one on the wish list myself.

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Welcome back- looking forward to your trip-pics. You might want to look at the 'Tensa-4" packable (11 lbs) hammock stand, and no trees required. This stand was designed by two of our own- raftingtigger and latherdome- who are now selling it. I have one on the wish list myself.
    Really? I have always been interested in the hammock stands but laughed at how much they weighed. 11lbs is pretty light. I'm assuming it will take a full size hammock because it was built by some forum members.

Yes full size hammocks and tarps (12' with extensions). Check out "www.Tensaoutdoors.com"- you can set up anywhere, period.

Images
    I did the newish Wild Rogue River Loop trail (~30m) 2 years ago in early May. One of the few backpack trips where you can get a beer on the trail ;-) Paradise Bar Lodge serves refreshments to hikers until 5pm.

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    I did the newish Wild Rogue River Loop trail (~30m) 2 years ago in early May. One of the few backpack trips where you can get a beer on the trail ;-) Paradise Bar Lodge serves refreshments to hikers until 5pm.
    I've done that loop also! I did it in December during a down pour so going counter clockwise didn't seem like such a good idea given that Mule cheek was raging and you have to cross both the west and east forks of it. I didn't want to take the chance of something bad happening at the beginning of the trip. My buddy and I did it clockwise which meant we went UP clay hill trail! 4k feet of elevation gain over 4 miles. ROUGH. Panther ridge is probably one of the most beautiful spots in that canyon. Not a lot of people know about it. Panther ridge is why I designed the longest tree huggers and whoopies ever. 15' huggers with 15' whoopies. I called it my Oregon edition suspension. I had a hard time finding a place to hang because the trees were so big. Once we found 2 to hang from we had to use our trekking poles as a spreader bars under my tarp because his tarp couldn't reach around the trees. Quite the epic adventure! Not a good night's sleep but an epic adventure lol!

Also, paradise stopped serving hikers alcohol! They will only serve hikers candy or soda! LAME! I tried to express how I thought it was a poor business practice but they said that they order according to the amount of bookings they have and that's it.

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    Quote Originally Posted by ylnfrt View Post
    Yes full size hammocks and tarps (12' with extensions). Check out "www.Tensaoutdoors.com"- you can set up anywhere, period.
    Thank you!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny Bear View Post
    I've done that loop also! I did it in December during a down pour so going counter clockwise didn't seem like such a good idea given that Mule cheek was raging and you have to cross both the west and east forks of it. I didn't want to take the chance of something bad happening at the beginning of the trip. My buddy and I did it clockwise which meant we went UP clay hill trail! 4k feet of elevation gain over 4 miles. ROUGH. Panther ridge is probably one of the most beautiful spots in that canyon. Not a lot of people know about it. Panther ridge is why I designed the longest tree huggers and whoopies ever. 15' huggers with 15' whoopies. I called it my Oregon edition suspension. I had a hard time finding a place to hang because the trees were so big. Once we found 2 to hang from we had to use our trekking poles as a spreader bars under my tarp because his tarp couldn't reach around the trees. Quite the epic adventure! Not a good night's sleep but an epic adventure lol!

Also, paradise stopped serving hikers alcohol! They will only serve hikers candy or soda! LAME! I tried to express how I thought it was a poor business practice but they said that they order according to the amount of bookings they have and that's it.
    Yes i distinctly remember taking a picture at Panther Camp to show people the tree situation we have out here. But glad i didn't camp there. Too dark and mosquitoey. I camped at the top of Mule Creek Canyon and at the old homestead (also mosquitoey, but way prettier).

I got attacked by a Peregrine Falcon while i has at Hanging Rock. If i had stood on the top, i probably would have fallen off.

Too bad about the lodge. They could charge anything they want and still make sales.

Hammock
    10' DIY 1.0Hyper D
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ 0*+2TQ/0*+2UQ
    Suspension
    CinchBugs/ Whoops
    Quote Originally Posted by leiavoia View Post
    I got attacked by a Peregrine Falcon while i has at Hanging Rock. If i had stood on the top, i probably would have fallen off.

Too bad about the lodge. They could charge anything they want and still make sales.
    What a crazy story! Thanks for the link! Hanging rock is one of the best views I know of in southern oregon. Stinkin falcon ruining you taking that moment in lol! Glad you're ok!

• + New Posts