HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Pics of the hang spot. There are PLENTY of perfectly spaced trees and a large open area. It's a little farther back than our regular spot, but easily accessible since the area used to be a campground, but has been closed since the early 90's. It's about a 2 minute walk from the parking area so we can use my wagons to haul gear if nessesary. Let me know what you all think....
    [IMG_20200120_132717.jpgIMG_20200120_132733.jpgIMG_20200120_132818.jpgIMG_20200120_132845.jpgIMG_20200120_132845.jpgIMG_20200120_132900.jpgIMG_20200120_132943.jpgIMG_20200120_132943.jpgIMG_20200120_133024.jpg[ATTACH=CONFIG]179274[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I just realized I will be out of town for a company meeting the week before the cleanup. I might still be able to make it Saturday, just depends on what I may have missed at home after being away for the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    various homemade Speer type
    Tarp
    10' X 11' Cuben
    Insulation
    CCfoam, Down quilt
    Suspension
    various
    Images
    I am interested. I would likely drive over Friday night and plan on sleeping in my van.
    As I understand it, the hang site is down at Stump Point? If so, is parking on the north side near the kayak ramp? And can we park overnight there without getting attention from the local authorities?

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh-No View Post
    I am interested. I would likely drive over Friday night and plan on sleeping in my van.
    As I understand it, the hang site is down at Stump Point? If so, is parking on the north side near the kayak ramp? And can we park overnight there without getting attention from the local authorities?
    No, "stump point" is just a name on a map that no one uses, that entire area and up the right side is all town park, with the rest up to the pink line being all the VA hospital. We are hanging a few miles away down at my house. The middle of my neighborhood used to be a campground years and years ago, but is now just game trails ,.tall Ponderosa pines and our hang spot. Since I'm on the water we sometimes hang on my beach if it's not too cold and windy. Your more than welcome to hang with us on Friday, or you can park where we are and sleep in your van if you want since the park is locked at night.... totally up to you. We've got a ton of extra gear if you need to borrow anything to hang of you want though. We will probably car pool over to the park after breakfast Saturday morning.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    If you look on Google maps, I'm at the very end of Carpenters point rd in Perryville. You see the rd makes a loop at the end with a bunch of trees in the middle and houses around the water.... that middle park is where we hang and my house is at the very tip of that peninsula, which is walking distance from the hang spot. I'll Pm you my address

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    If you look on Google, you'll also be able to see the neighborhood beach, it's the large open area right by my house.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    The 14-16 is still ( tentatively) good for everyone yeah? Once you figure out if your coming or not, please let me know. I totally understand that some of you might be " maybes" right up until that weekend, just let me know what you can when you can.

Next, what have we decided as far as meals go? I was planning on making a breakfast casserole/+ coffee and have my wife heat it up at the house and bring it down for us Saturday morning. I've also got a 2 burner Coleman stove we can use it needed and a coffee percolator if we want to make it by the pot. If anyone wants to bring juice or anything else for group breakfast Saturday or Sunday, just let us know so we don't have multiple people bringing the same thing lol. In the past we've done fruit trays, pastries doughnuts and the like for a light breakfast on Sunday before everyone packs up and heads out. Lunch will be BYO. In the past we've also had group dinner Saturday, do we want to this time as well? If so, what we are having and who is bringing what needs to be sorted out this week if possible.

Other than that, let us know if you need any type of gear to borrow. I'm positive we can get it to you as a lot of us have more than we probably should lol. Sound good to everyone?

Hammock
    Black Bird XLC, Chameleon, Draumr
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts/Pads
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Anybody have an address? I'm trying to see how far a drive from VA.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I’m still going to try and make it, but right now I’m probably at 30%. One daughter is having surgery this week and the other has her B-Day that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    [QUOTE=TxAggie;2007939]I’m still going to try and make it, but right now I’m probably at 30%. One daughter is having surgery this week and the other has her B-Day that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU

Totally understand Aggie, I've got 3 girls and a son myself : 18 daughter (step, current wife) ,17 son ( mine, 1st wife), 16 daughter ( step, current wife ) & 7 daughter ( mine, current wife). My 18 year old who recently started her first year at Towson for Nursing just told us that her fiancé who is an Air Force MP and her are moving down to Bmore to be closer to school and his base, my son is in his senior year of HS and just got accepted to Penn State for Molecular Biology, my middle daughter just got her licence/first car and plays basketball & field hockey, and lastly my 7 year old does competition cheer, basketball, dance, gymnastics, Lego club at school and my wife and I are her Brownie Girl Scout troop leaders...... Add in work and the constant travel on top of that for my wife and I, and it's a wonder I even remember what the inside of my house looks like lol.

But hey man, we are having another trail clean up with all the members of the Mason Dixon Trail club/ board of directors in March if you wanna try for that one maybe ? We will be building steps in to a hill, flagging + blazing a new route and trimming the current one with loppers/ saws...... I need all the help I can get! It will be on my section of trail here in Perryville so was thinking of maybe making a night of it and hanging out on the trail afterwards. Your more than welcome to join us for the trail maintenance and hang with me.

Also, after the work hike is done, there will be our quarterly board of directors meeting at historic Rogers Tavern in Perryville. George Washington frequently stayed there on his way to and from Philadelphia since its right where the Susquehanna river crossing "ferry" used to be in that era. It's all been restored to the way it used to be and they have a TON of artifacts from the war and from G.W. There is also another museum just down from it on the VA hospital grounds that is really cool and has a lot to do with the history of the property, the VA and the crazy lobotomy studies they carried out lol, it's pretty neat. Your more than welcome to come with me and check them out while I poke my head into the board meeting for a few minutes. I usually only stay long enough to give my report , so I'll head back to camp right after that . If you might be interested, let me know and I'll get you the date so you can see what your " schedule " looks like.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast