Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Should be good on my end. Crazy work travel is always an unknown but this should work.
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

Hammock
    Ridge runner
    Tarp
    Journey 12’
    Insulation
    JRB 0* Top/Bottom
    Count me in, should be finished with mandatory OT by then.

Just a heads up...Looks like I might have to work on Feb 9th - o-dark-thirty — so the weekend of 2/8 - 2/9 is probably out for me.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Question

*** UPDATE***

How does the weekend of Feb 14-16 sound to everyone? It should be cold again by then hopefully, lol . Let me know if you can make it so I can figure out if our regular spot for hanging will be big enough or if I need to move us back a little bit to the larger, more open area. I might just do that anyway though since the trees are way better and we would have more room to spread out. Our regular spot is about 50' inside the tree line from where we park but the other spot is still close enough to call it car camping though. I've got a decent sized wagon ( the kind that has the larger " off-road " plastic wheels, lol) from when my daughter was a toddler that I'll bring down to help with hauling gear in case anyone uses Rubbermaid bins or just has a lot of stuff.

TIME & PLACE : Your more than welcome to come Friday afternoon and stay until Sunday if you want, meet us in Perryville before the hike and just stay Saturday night, or meet before the hike and follow us back to hangout for the day.... It's totally up to you guys and what your gear, your schedules and the weather dictate. I will post a map & directions for anyone that needs it. If your not familiar with this area, I'm about 5 miles off of I-95 and the section of trail we are hiking runs through the Perryville town park and adjoining Perry Point VA hospital..... Both my neighborhood and the park are very easy to get to , especially with GPS.

FOOD : I am probably just going to have Mtn. House for dinner Friday night. For breakfast Saturday morning, I plan on making breakfast casserole for everyone : eggs, Jimmy Dean sausage & hash browns w/ shredded cheddar cheese melted on top. Lunch will most likely be on the trail, so BYO, and we will have a group dinner Saturday night. What does everyone want? For past hangs, we have all pitched in to have a light breakfast Sunday morning as well with things like store bought mixed fruit trays, doughnuts/pastries, juice etc. If that sounds good to everyone, let me know if you plan on bringing something for the 2½ group meals so I have an idea of what else I need to get, it anything. I have coolers, a 2 burner Coleman stove and coffee percolator if we need them.

WEATHER : I live right on the water so the weather and temp can be very difficult to predict this time of year. My neighborhood is on a peninsula so it's surrounded by the North East river to the north and Chesapeake bay west and south. That said, it's always extremely windy here in the winter and can be significantly cooler than it is just a few miles inland. I'll post updated local weather as we get closer to help you get an idea of how to pack.

GEAR : I'm sure everyone has properly rated insulation, but if it's going to be colder than what you have or are uncomfortable pushing close to your quilts ratings, please let us know! I'm positive we can get you whatever you might need as a lot of us have plenty of gear to lend. I will be using my Chameleon w/ -10° 'Bator & either -10° or +20° Burrow and Old Man Winter tarp. My 6yo daughter might hang with us if it's not too cold, if she does I'll put her in my diy hammock w/ winter sock and 10° OneTigris UQ + 10° Snugpak sleeping bag under my tarp with me.
    GEAR I CAN LEND : XLC plus winter cover, Ridgerunner plus 35° Lynx clone UQ, 12' RSTBR "AH" hex, 12' Chill Gorilla hex, 10×10 Snugpak tarp, 10° Ecotec insulated pad, whichever HG -10° or +20° TQ I don't use, 32° Snugpak UQ, 32° Snugpak TQ, 32° Snugpak Cocoon, 40° HG econ Burrow , 40° HG econ Burrow +3, 40°(ish) overstuffed CDT TQ, 40° SLD Trailwinder synthetic asym UQ/insulated UQP, 50° synthetic diy TQ, Snugpak Thermalon TQ liner, DIY fleece TQ liner , (2) thin poly TQ liner. I can also lend the 11' diy argon hammock, Warbonnet winter sock, 10° OneTigris UQ and 10° Snugpak sleeping bag if my daughter doesn't hang. I certainly don't mind having it on hand just in case you might need it as a backup, lending it to supplement what you already have, or you just want to experiment and try something that you are thinking about getting yourself. I know a lot of people are curious about the Ridgerunner, and the Trailwinder as an insulated UQP to supplement and boost their current UQ rating, so feel free to take them on a test drive for the night if it's something you are interested in getting. As we get closer just let me know what you might need and I'll make sure I have it on hand. I also have a few Wal-Mart tarps and a couple of pop-up canopys if we need them for the fire pit/ common area in case of rain or snow.

I think that about covers everything lol. Let me know when you plan on getting here as we get closer to the date , if you plan on bringing something for a meal, and if you need or have gear to lend. Looking forward to seeing everyone! We always have a great time and the scenery on the hike this time will be absolutely beautiful since we are doing a 3 mile loop that's right where the Chesapeake bay and Susquehanna river meet. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be cold enough for the bay to be frozen in front of my house or to see some actual snow this winter! Lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up

Here are 2 links for the local weather that I use and seem to be the most accurate for my exact location :

https://darksky.net/forecast/39.542,-76.004/us12/en
    https://www.wunderground.com/weather...lle/KMDPERRY12

To see a map of our hike route, go here : https://masondixontrail.wixsite.com/...16-map-updates , scroll down to # 7 and click the "2018 update" link. It will give you a map that shows the updated route through that area. We will be parking at the very bottom in Perryville park, hiking up the right side to where the pink trail is, take it across the VA hospital campus, down the left side along the water and end up back at the cars in the town park. A roughly 3 mile hike that is very easy since its almost totally flat and only partly though woods. I've taken my youngest daughter and her Girl Scout troop on this exact route with minimal whinning and complaining lol. The park is also about a ½ mile from rt. 40 and about 2 or something miles from I-95.
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 01-13-2020 at 12:15.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I think I can make it that weekend. I’ve been told no outings for January, but my daughter will be limited to what she can do riding wise in February so I got a release for a weekend during that month. If I can make it, I’ll likely come Friday night, we don’t do Valentines anyhow.

Count me in... Will might come but I need to bounce that off him & his parents.

Senior Member Tyroler Holzhacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    DH DL Sparrow/SL Darien
    Tarp
    MacCat/WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    LL/JRB/DIY down
    Suspension
    MSH/Whoopies/strps
    Images
    Hi Chesapeake: Would pets be ok to bring or no? If it is too cold, I may leave my schnauzer at home. I probably will be coming solo if I come by. Lookin forward to meeting you and the regulars of this hang.

Holzhacker aus...

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyroler Holzhacker View Post
    Hi Chesapeake: Would pets be ok to bring or no? If it is too cold, I may leave my schnauzer at home. I probably will be coming solo if I come by. Lookin forward to meeting you and the regulars of this hang.

Holzhacker aus...
    Absolutely. The neighborhood beach is fenced in and has a huge field as well if you want to take it for a walk or to let it run a little bit. We all take our dogs down there for walks and to let them play fetch in the water when it's warm enough. Looking forward to having you, everyone fits in with our group since we are so laid back. You'll have a great time.

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Absolutely. The neighborhood beach is fenced in and has a huge field as well if you want to take it for a walk or to let it run a little bit. We all take our dogs down there for walks and to let them play fetch in the water when it's warm enough. Looking forward to having you, everyone fits in with our group since we are so laid back. You'll have a great time.
    I’m allergic.......

To uptight people. Too much of that during the week, no need for it on the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast