Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up 3rd Annual Mason Dixon Trail hike and hang

It's that time of year again.... FINALLY! I'm definitely ready to spend some time on the trail and get some much needed hang time in as well.

WHERE : That said, I was thinking of maybe doing the hang somewhere ON the trail this time possibly. It could be close enough to the trail head so car camping gear could still be utilized ( i.e Jellyfish's amazing dutch oven pizza lol) 😁 OR, we could hang at our one of our usual spots on the beach or in the pines across the street.... totally up to the majority.

WHEN : I was thinking of early next month sometime? Is that far enough out to give everyone that wants to come time to schedule plan? Or, we could change it all up and have our very own 1st annual FROZEN BUTT. It could be on a weekend that doesn't interfere with the Jersey hang and gives those that can't make Jersey an opportunity to still freeze , and those that want to the ability to attend both. Either way I'm game for both options so let's get the gears turning and hash this out!

As always, I wanna keep it low key and fun. The trail maintenance will only be a few hours on Saturday and not cover more than a couple miles out and back if we decide not to hang on the trail. If we do, it's up to the group where & when we stop to set up camp as there are plenty of great spots within a reasonable distance of the trail head.

FOOD : Can be the usual group breakfast & dinner Saturday with the rest B.Y.O if that suits everyone.

WHO : ALL ARE WELCOME! so feel free to bring your husband, wife, kids and/or friends that still sleep on the cold, hard, unforgiving, uncomfortable and evil ground lol. I know we all always have a ton of fun doing this so I hope as many of my " regulars" that want to come are able and we get lots of new faces as well. This is a super laid back and relaxing hang with a group that gets along great and welcomes those new to hanging . So if that sounds like you, definitely try to come! You'll get to : hang either mere feet from the Chesapeake bay ( literally on the beach & 20' from the high tide mark lol) or in the beautiful area around it , be able to ask all 1,000,000 questions you've thought of since getting off the wicked ground , check out everyone else's gear, and most importantly : have a relaxing weekend in your hammock with a new group of friends. How could anyone say no to that?

So, let's get started planning and with working out the fine details. If your interested, just comment below with which timeframe works best for you : early December Or January/ early February , where you'd like us to set up camp : beach, pines or trail , IF you'd like to contribute for the meal(s) , and any gear you might need to borrow. I'm sure we can put together several complete rigs including hammock, tarp & insulation for anyone interested in trying it out such as family members or friends, as well as plenty of extra quilts and gear if you don't have something yet , do but want to try something else, or what you do have isn't suitable for the temps/weather. Just let us know what you need and I'm sure we can get it to you. We are a super laid back group and I hope to see lots of new faces again this year. Other than all that, if anyone thinks of something I missed or has any questions just let me know. So, what say you, are you in?
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    I’m booked up every weekend thru Thanksgiving, and I would love to attend one of your M-D events so December should work for me. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    I’m booked up every weekend thru Thanksgiving, and I would love to attend one of your M-D events so December should work for me. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.

Awesome , I hope you can make this one Aggie!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly/ Henne
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Continuous loop/ b
    Images
    Following

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cf1383 View Post
    Following

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Hope you can make it!

Weekends in December are booked for me - playing nultiple holiday concerts.... and the weekend after Christmas is when everyone else in the family (except me) is going away so I'm supposed to be taking care of pets for at least 2 family members.
    Would love to see if Will (grandson #2) wants to do another trail cleanup and hang - he really liked the one I took him to in VA in April/May.
    Following this thread..... and will do what I can to make this hang. Miss you guys.

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images
    Is the beach camping available again? That was simply awesome.

I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jellyfish View Post
    Is the beach camping available again? That was simply awesome.

Sure is!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnPJQA96CAA

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigglet View Post
    Weekends in December are booked for me - playing nultiple holiday concerts.... and the weekend after Christmas is when everyone else in the family (except me) is going away so I'm supposed to be taking care of pets for at least 2 family members.
    Would love to see if Will (grandson #2) wants to do another trail cleanup and hang - he really liked the one I took him to in VA in April/May.
    Following this thread..... and will do what I can to make this hang. Miss you guys.
    Same here Tig, hope you can make it. If not, I'm sure we can do it again sometime soon.... I'm always looking for an excuse to get out and hang, and Lily would love to have a friend to hike and hang around camp with I'm sure!

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Hope to finally make it this time! I’m pretty open in November and December. January could work as well.
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast