DH, WBBB, Dutch, DIY
    Tarp
    HG, WBSF, UGQ
    Insulation
    HG, LLG
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

4th Annual NJ Fall Hang 11/1 - 11/3 Trip Report Thread

Starting the official trip report thread, in case anyone wants to post thoughts or pictures.

Will post my own update when I am able!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    What an amazing weekend that was!!!
    Super thanks to Jeremiah (Silentorpheous), Pete (Ratdog) and Mike (njredneck) for coordinating this weekend, and for EVERYONE who just made it a GREAT time with their friendliness, generosity and awesome hammock shhhtuff!!

As for me, I learned a lot!
    It got under 30 degrees overnight and I can now say I know what it’s like to be a human popsicle!! (Saturday night was much better thanks to friends help!).

The day hike on Saturday was along the sandy/pine needles trail called the Batona. It was led by some “super hikers” who took off at bullet speed. I had neither the fitness, nor the hiking footwear (due to other circumstances I had a bad combo of socks and sneakers), and dubbed myself the “trail roadkill” for the day. It stunk to have to admit my limits, but I cut out at 2.5 miles in. Still I totaled 5 miles with feet that felt like tenderized meat at the end. But hey, the sun was up, and my nap once I got into camp was nice and sunny warm (even though I really didn’t actually nap).

The socializing could not be beat! Friends from New England (MA, ME), and PA, made a ton of new friends at the campground (there were 50+ of us altogether), including a new friend from Washington State and I had a blast!!

Ahhh.. memories to get me through the week!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/njheart2heart/93861S
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Still toying with
    Just wanted to say thanks to all involved in putting this together. I had a great time and was really disappointed to that I had to leave early, but when the wife is home sick, sometimes you just have to go.
    I really appreciated everyone's efforts in making the meals. The pork shoulder turned out great. I particularly enjoyed the sticky buns from Amy that I had always heard so much about and the curry chicken corn chowder from Chris and Diana - if you want to share the recipe, I'll trade for the apple pie shine recipe.
    I really enjoyed meeting some new friends, the trek up to Apple Pie Hill and just hangin by the fire with everyone. This will definitely get added to my annual list. Thanks to all who participated. Hope to talk/see you all soon.

-Kurt

Hammock
    My own design
    Tarp
    Made myself
    Insulation
    The one I made
    Suspension
    Yup, made ‘em
    Images

This is the photo that everyone wants to see; Gordo cooking bacon.

Thanks to the organizers, cooks and raffle donors. Thanks to George Carr for starting and making this hang in past years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I sew things on youtube.
    I don’t sew on commission, so please don’t ask. Thanks.

What a wonderful time! I almost didn't come at the last minute because I was too frazzled, but I didn't want to let down all my NE friends, who were coming such a long way. It was great to meet so many new people, and being able to see all my NEHHA buds almost makes it worth deserting them!

Huge thanks to the organizers. This hang is a well-oiled machine and was so worth it!

As usual I didn't take many photos, but here are a couple from our hike to the fire tower.

IMG_20191102_131102.jpg

IMG_20191102_131106.jpg

See you next time!
    Laura

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by ljane View Post
    What a wonderful time! I almost didn't come at the last minute because I was too frazzled, but I didn't want to let down all my NE friends, who were coming such a long way. It was great to meet so many new people, and being able to see all my NEHHA buds almost makes it worth deserting them!

Huge thanks to the organizers. This hang is a well-oiled machine and was so worth it!

As usual I didn't take many photos, but here are a couple from our hike to the fire tower.

IMG_20191102_131102.jpg

IMG_20191102_131106.jpg

See you next time!
    Laura
    NEHHA group shows up and knocks over the dang fire tower!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    www.wildcherrywoodworks.com (my business)
    www.mainechopstick.com (my other business)
    www.4alloutdoors.org (a friend's site I do reviews for)
    www.curlymaplechronicles.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Wow, I got too much to say about this hang. This was the longest time I've ever spent in NJ and everyone I know was like, why are you going THERE??? I put my trust in my hammock tribe and Jesus to get me there and back safely and I'll tell you, it was an amazing weekend!! What a wonderful hang full of great folks. I knew many from attending the MAHHA spring hang a couple years ago which made this hang even better. It was so great to connect with folks I hadn't seen since then. We have such a beautiful community!!

Many joked about the NJ devil which is an interesting legend. Pretty sure he showed up about 1:30am...

The hike through the barrens to the fire tower was fast and my muscles still hurt but was a great chance to chat with new friends. It's such a diverse crowd we hang with.

In terms of who came from the farthest state, well, the Chris subgroup lays claim to that. Between East Coast Chris coming from Maine and West Coast Chris coming from WA, we got that nailed good!

So thank you to all who organized this hang and George for starting it up. Y'all were so welcoming and we just had a fabulous time. Hopefully it runs again next year and we can attend again.

Love y'all my hammock tribe!!

Hammock
    WalhallaCustom11'
    Tarp
    Walhalla Winter
    Insulation
    LL0°,CRO20°
    Suspension
    CL's/Buckles/Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew-it View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to all involved in putting this together. I had a great time and was really disappointed to that I had to leave early, but when the wife is home sick, sometimes you just have to go.
    I really appreciated everyone's efforts in making the meals. The pork shoulder turned out great. I particularly enjoyed the sticky buns from Amy that I had always heard so much about and the curry chicken corn chowder from Chris and Diana - if you want to share the recipe, I'll trade for the apple pie shine recipe.
    I really enjoyed meeting some new friends, the trek up to Apple Pie Hill and just hangin by the fire with everyone. This will definitely get added to my annual list. Thanks to all who participated. Hope to talk/see you all soon.

-Kurt
    Hey, thanks for the trade we made. We were at a concert last night so I could not utilize my side of it. Hopefully tonight.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dew-it View Post

-Kurt
    Great to meet you Kurt! I look forward to hanging around the campfire with ya again!

Dawn
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by curlymaple42 View Post
    NEHHA group shows up and knocks over the dang fire tower!

ROFLOL!!
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast