Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Buckles

First night in the Blackbird XLC

Got out this weekend in the new hammock. Wasn't sure what to expect since it was the first time in a hammock in temps around 30 degrees. I have to say the Warbonnet setup exceeded my expectations. I was never even the least bit cold all night. I think the biggest surprise was how much difference there is in temperature with the bugnet on and zipped up. The 20 degree Wooki worked perfectly also. The first night I had a little problem with heel pressure but on the second night after a few adjustments I had no more problems. Warbonnet has definitely made a quality setup. All of the other campers had good comments about the quality and workmanship.

My wife was also on her first hammock adventure. She tried out and liked a bridge hammock a few weeks ago but she wasn't impressed with the size of the tarp. So she placed an order with Warbonnet for a 13 foot superfly. It made it in time for our trip. Thanks Warbonnet. I have to say that is one big tarp. She ended getting cold both nights on her back with her set up even with extra blankets. She crawled in my setup and was warm and toasty. She has now decided to get a Ridgerunner and a lynx underquilt. Warbonnet needs to hurry up and have a sale because I know I'm going to be the one buying her stuff. Lol . Thanks again Warbonnet for the quality products and great customer service.

Images
    Sounds good, glad to hear you had a successful night. What adjustments did you make to help relieve the heel pressure you had on the first night?

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Buckles
    The first night I just threw my jacket under my feet. The second night I paid more attention to the level of the hammock. Being a noob I hung the hammock with the feet higher on the tree like instructed but didn't take into consideration how bad the ground was uneven. Essentially the hammock was hanging level on the first night. After raising the foot end higher a couple of times there was no more heel pressure and I slept without anymore problems.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    A great hammock.

• + New Posts