Long time no hang...

Hey folks,
    My name is Josh. I currently live in Wisconsin, near Madison. I've been lurking on the site for a week or so and figured it was time for an introduction.
    So 8 plus years ago I bought a Hennessy explorer delux (bottom entry, before they had the side zip) with the intention of getting off the ground. For a little while I liked it, but being a side sleeper I never could get quite comfortable in it. That combined with I don't like the fabric in my face etc I ended up going back to tents. Well fast forward to now and I have had it with tents. When I'm dispersed camping I never seem to find flat ground. Also even with a really nice ground pad my back doesn't seem to like it anymore. I have been looking at the WB RR for quite some time and reading everyones thoughts, reviews etc, and I think I am going to pull the trigger on it. I am excited to try hammock camping again! I have read a ton here and have a few questions of my own. Also I am interested in someday joining some of the group hangs.
    The one question I will ask in my introduction is are you allowed to comment on old threads? In some forums I have been a part of before people get upset when you do. I was recently browsing the thread "scariest moment in the woods" or something like that and would love to add a few of my own experiences as well! Anyways thanks for reading my poorly put together introduction!
    Josh

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Welcome to the forums Josh. You can comment on whatever you like. If someone doesn't like it that's their issue I'm a Ridgerunner fanboy so you'll not get any negativity from me on this choice

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Yup, Welcome.

Reviving old threads is GOOD, fine, sometimes very useful.

You can not please everyone so do not worry if some member gets twitterpated.

Recent histry had a 10 year old thread reinterduced and several current responses were made.

I found the RR to fit my needs very well. I also have a Simply Light Design gathered end hammock that is my backup. I usec the SLD were the RR does not fit. The openspace the RR needs is not always available so the SLD comes along.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Welcome to HF - from a member just a bit to the east of Sun Prairie. I enjoy my Ridgerunner on the days I am not using my Blackbird XLC. There are quite a few threads that rise from the dead on this forum with no ill effect. The large userbase and long history make it impossible to always remember what has been discussed recently or in the past. Generally, relevance rises to the top so roll the dice and find out who knows what, when, how and why.
    The game is the best teacher.

• + New Posts