New guy from Philadelphia

Hello everyone,

Just got into hammocking recently and now I'm trying to absorb any and all new info I can. Purchased The Ultimate Hang 2 already so I'll be giving that a read soon enough. Honestly I'm just here looking for others in the area who might wanna do a group hang or show me their hammock set ups before I pull the trigger on my new setup. I've fully embraced the "buy once, cry once" mentality so I'm literally jotting down notes everyday on different pieces of gear so I can make one large purchase and start hammock camping with success.

Shout out to Shug and Sintax77, I've been enjoying your youtube videos thoroughly. I actually think Sintax might live close enough that if given the chance I'd like to reach out and see if I can check out his gear.

Got started in the hobby by watching youtube videos on hiking info after doing my first backpacking trip about 6 months ago or so on the AT starting on the Delaware Water Gap and ending at Buttermilk Falls. About a month ago I did a solo trip to Worthington State park where I proceeded to hike the exact same section of the trail (complete accident) and have my first overnight in a hammock. The night temps dropped down to 39 that night and it was rainy. It most certainly didn't help that I set up my hammock in complete darkness. A live and learn experience.

Currently using a kammock roo double I got from REI. Hung it in my bedroom 2.5 weeks ago and have only slept in my bed 2 nights since haha

Planning on getting a blackbird xlc, but slightly worried that I haven't had the opportunity to sleep in an asym hammock yet. Luckily I prefer a standard head left feet right, so that keeps my options open.

If anyone in the area is planning on doing a overnight mid week, let me know.

-Steve

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    Welcome to the forum neighbor! Lots of good places to hang and some great group hangs in the area.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Hammock
    11' Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Welcome neighbor! The nj fall hang is this weekend. You can hang or just pop in for the day and check out what everyone else is using.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair(s)
    Tarp
    SLD & Mtn. Fly
    Insulation
    HG 0,20,40 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & webbing
    Welcome from Chester County! I’ve yet to make it to a group hang but need to.

JD
    The deep mystery gives rise to the spirits -Charc

Always strive to be the best but never believe you are - Juan Manuel Fangio

I did see that but unfortunately I work on the weekends and won’t be able to make it out.

• + New Posts