Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images
    So we were having some issues with some people getting the extra track option and damaging their zipper. The extra track option was added to the design as an after the fact add on and I didn't test it as much as I should have. In recent testing I have been able to re-create some stress on the end of the zipper (but haven't been able to actually break anything) when the hammock whip is inside the UQP and extra track is zipped on. I can also create stress by having the Wooki whip sticking out of the UQP (because it wants to pull back inside once bodyweight is added and Wooki whip/endmass should NEVER stick out the end of the UQP under any circumstances)

The best method when using both a Wooki and the extra zipper track is to have the hammock whip sticking out the opening on the end of the UQP and the Wooki whip staying inside it...this is fairly easily done on a single layer, very very tight on a light double and not really an option at all on a heavy double. (tip, after zipping the UQP to one side, slot the end edge of the UQP between the two whips as deeply as you can and then zip onto the other side) I may re-design at some point to deal with these shortcomings but for now we have discontinued the extra track as an add-on feature meaning shelf,footbox, tieouts etc all function normally but the hammock body is free floating inside like a traditional hammock sock.

I would recommend folks who have a single or Lightweight double to setup as described above (hammock whip out, Wooki whip in), if you have a heavy double I recommend zipping top to the UQP only and simply not using the extra track to connect to the hammock body.

In short when hammock body is NOT zipped into the system, The hammock whip and Wooki whip can both be fully "inside" the UQP but when trying to use the extra track you want hammock whip sticking out and wooki whip in.

If anybody had this specific issue previously and we thought it was user-error then reply back to your same email chain and I'll re-evaluate based on what I now know...and possibly refund your repair cost.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    Wookie UQ, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopies,
    Okay, so I just want too give an update. Brandon sent a new UQP and I have used it with no issues. I did leave my UQ hanging with a little slack on the elastic band connector - which made me a bit nervous about possible cold spots. I did end up having cold feet, but to be fair it was also -5F during the night so.... I am pretty happy. The hammock is pretty darn comfortable! and the Wookie is nice and warm!
    I did make sure that the UQP was pulled in between the two whippings. I did not tie it off with the ribbon.
    Last edited by Sinite; 12-02-2019 at 19:38.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    Wookie UQ, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopies,
    Thanks for working this out Brandon! I am loving my Warbonnet set up!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Great responsiveness! Sinite, I appreciated your continued upbeat responses through the thread. Yet another reason to work with our cottage vendors.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    Wookie UQ, JRB TQ
    Suspension
    Woopies,
    Yessir! You know my first hammock set up came from a newish company that apparently has poor quality control. I got some good stuff and some that was clearly defective. When dealing with their customer support I was very disappointed. I have had a much better experience with JRB, Hammock Gear, Dutchware, and Warbonnet. Top notch customer support!

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF in Sylpoly
    Insulation
    Mod' WindHard Tiny
    Suspension
    Webbing + cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinite View Post
    I just took my WB Blackbird XLC out for its first hang (not counting setting it up at home to make sure everything was clear before going out into the back country).
    I was very excited! For once I managed to get two trees that were the perfect distance from each other, a rare thing in my experience. I got into my hammock and the lay was perfect. At some point I leaned into my left should area to adjust my HG ridge line organizer (I like to keep smaller things in it) when I heard a loud pop sound. My wife looked all around the hammock and could find nothing wrong with it, so I relaxed.
    Next morning I am taking it down when I find the zipper at the right foot end of my WB UQ protector has torn out and fallen off.
    Brandon at WB says I will have to pay to have the zipper repaired. Uh, this doesn't seem right to me. Anyone else had this experience? I am very disappointed.
    If it was the zipper that made the popping sound then it was obviously under pressure. I swear my hang was perfect and the zipper was installed correctly, so what would cause this to happen?
    Thanks for your thoughts/suggestions in advance.
    Interesting discussion and learnings here. Read every single reply. Lol. Do you have photo of the initial failure? I dont have this exact setup so am having a little trouble visualizing it. TIA.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123