WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug

RR Convert

So during a sale earlier this year I picked up one of Warbonnet's RR hammocks, with a Spindrift Sock and full length Lynx UQ. I've always wanted to try a bridge hammock and finally splurged for it. All I can say is wow! I'm feeling much like I felt when I first started using gathered end hammocks coming from tents. I still don't think I'll give up my GE hammocks for backpacking, but I'm really liking how the RR eliminates any and all calf ridge, heel pressure, etc. I haven't figured out how to sleep on my side very well in the RR yet, but sleeping on my back is phenomenal!

I'm still figuring out how to set it all up efficiently and get all the right tweaks for the most comfortable lay and I made some mistakes setting up the UQ this last trip out and had a scare with one of the rubber bands breaking. Luckily I had some shock cord on hand and rigged something up to get through the night or it would have been a chilly sleepless one. It was totally my fault clipping the UQ to the hammock in the wrong spots but lesson learned. The UQ snugs up more than expected once my weight is added to the hammock so I now understand the need for a little stretch in the connection points.

Coming from using GE hammocks for the last several years I miss having a ridgeline a little as I typically hang my headlamp there as sort of a lamp at night, but the saddlebags are fantastic replacement for everything else I might hang on the RL. Other than that, I think I like the RR enough that it probably just replaced my plethora of GE hammocks for about everything except backpacking trips.

Now I feel like I need a couple more quilts with different temperature ratings, and I have quite a few quilts for GE hammocks so the wife won't be happy about that one, hahaha.

Images
    Welcome to the club within the club, bro! I also find that is a great hammock! But I'm confused: The Lynx has rubber bands that could break? I thought it connected at a 4 corners with mini biners? I guess the biners must have some elastic attached to them to act as a fail safe?

Hammock
    WBRR, Amok Draumr 5
    Tarp
    MECGuid, Superfly
    Insulation
    Arrowhead UQ
    Suspension
    Stock Buckles
    Congrats! For me the secret of side sleeping is to not to draw your legs up to your hips and the narrowest part of the hammock, but to move your head & chest down to the narrow section.

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Welcome to the club within the club, bro! I also find that is a great hammock! But I'm confused: The Lynx has rubber bands that could break? I thought it connected at a 4 corners with mini biners? I guess the biners must have some elastic attached to them to act as a fail safe?
    Yes, the bottom end of the UQ has the micro biners attached to the quilt via heavy rubber bands.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyM View Post
    Congrats! For me the secret of side sleeping is to not to draw your legs up to your hips and the narrowest part of the hammock, but to move your head & chest down to the narrow section.
    Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try my next time out.

Hammock
    Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps
    Quote Originally Posted by jamaulwall View Post
    Now I feel like I need a couple more quilts with different temperature ratings, and I have quite a few quilts for GE hammocks so the wife won't be happy about that one, hahaha.
    Check out the Ridge Reaper underquilt from Loco Libre.

Images
    Yes, the bottom end of the UQ has the micro biners attached to the quilt via heavy rubber bands.

Thanks, I did not realize that! My AHE designed for WBRR only has biners, but there seems to be some elastic inside the body of the UQ which might provide some cushion.

Hammock
    WBRR or 11' PolyD
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    SpdrPoly Cinch Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvankirk View Post
    Check out the Ridge Reaper underquilt from Loco Libre.
    Even though I've never owned one, yet, George's quilts have always given me the impression that they are some of the best out there. I wasn't aware he made RR specific quilts, so I'll definitely check those out. As far as I knew it was just Warbonnet and Arrowhead Equipment that made RR specific quilts, but I like having options. Thanks.
    Last edited by jamaulwall; 10-29-2019 at 17:01.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Even though I've never owned one, yet, George's quilts have always given me the impression that they are some of the best out there. I wasn't aware he made RR specific quilts, so I'll definitely check those out. As far as I knew it was just Warbonnet and Arrowhead Equipment that made RR specific quilts, but I like having options. Thanks.
    You've got to check out Georges RidgeRunner under quilts they are great and I love the look of the baffles.

20171215_132532 (1).jpg

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    Klymit Luxe
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I made the switch back in 2016 and haven't really looked back. I just recently hiked a section of the SHT and brought a GE rig to save a little weight. I regretted it every single night. I'll gladly take the weight penalty to sleep in comfort.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast