Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Calexico View Post
    Yeah, but dont really know what you mean with primary and secondary. On the pics - the red and blue is connected throw the metal ring, but its not that important. Work fine without ring too, but if shock cord is fixed I would probably need an adjustable knot on the "hook side" too. A hook/s-biner make it easier to remove UQ from ridgeline.

Its just for lighten the system up. Earlier I had a whole lot of shock cord from every corner. Think it was at least 4 meters. Now thees two DIY thingies is my whole UQ suspension. Its lifting and tighting up the same time ��
    If your interested, I break down primary and secondary on the video below.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Calexico View Post
    Yeah, but dont really know what you mean with primary and secondary. On the pics - the red and blue is connected throw the metal ring, but its not that important. Work fine without ring too, but if shock cord is fixed I would probably need an adjustable knot on the "hook side" too. A hook/s-biner make it easier to remove UQ from ridgeline.

Its just for lighten the system up. Earlier I had a whole lot of shock cord from every corner. Think it was at least 4 meters. Now thees two DIY thingies is my whole UQ suspension. Its lifting and tighting up the same time 
    Shugs Vid will clear up any confusion about primary and secondary... and if you watch enough of them they will clear up confusion about just about everything hammock related.. some other topics too.

The reason I asked.. your primary suspension is the main tool for doing the heavy lifting of your quilt.. lift it up, support it and allow it to slide fore and aft.

The secondary further lifts the quilts but also locks the position of the quilt along the primary suspension, relative to the hammock body and allows one side to be position differently than the other side head to foot. If the secondary suspension is allowed to slide freely through the metal loop, it will be rendered useless as depicted in your pic for the purpose of adjust the position of each side of the UQ independently.. If the secondary suspension is fixed to the loop, you're model would work.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    If your interested, I break down primary and secondary on the video below.
    Shug

]
    Thank for video Shug! 🙂 Think Ive seen it before but it make things more clear now. I've used the "primary" from my secondary attachment point earlier, but it worked pretty well. Never felt that I have to "slide" UQ, and the weights is only 450 g so its not very heavy.

My little "DIY-thingies" was mostly for get rid of 4 meters of shock cord. Wanted it simple and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Shugs Vid will clear up any confusion about primary and secondary... and if you watch enough of them they will clear up confusion about just about everything hammock related.. some other topics too.

The reason I asked.. your primary suspension is the main tool for doing the heavy lifting of your quilt.. lift it up, support it and allow it to slide fore and aft.

The secondary further lifts the quilts but also locks the position of the quilt along the primary suspension, relative to the hammock body and allows one side to be position differently than the other side head to foot. If the secondary suspension is allowed to slide freely through the metal loop, it will be rendered useless as depicted in your pic for the purpose of adjust the position of each side of the UQ independently.. If the secondary suspension is fixed to the loop, you're model would work.
    Ok thanks, I understand it could be easier to fix UQ with both primary and secondary now, but I've never felt a problem with that actually. Wanted a different angel to the RL so my feet dont touch the cords and got squeezed, and of course - let the hammock system lose some weights. Like it more "ultra light"

I hang it like this. Its the UQ I have.
    http://sleepingbags-cumulus.eu/uk/ca...?gid=129&vid=1
    Last edited by Calexico; 01-16-2020 at 16:03.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123