Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images

6th Annual Halloween Flaming Pumpkin Hang at Medoc Mt State Park>NC>23-27 Oct 2019

Another hang is finished. Had a great time but I am worn out. Crashed for about 4 hours after we got home. Had to give the dogs a bath as they rolled in something stinky like all dogs do...made for a fun ride home. I want to thank everyone who has attended the hangs over the past few years. I always tell the folks attending that it is not the person(s) hosting the hang that make it great....It's the folks who attend the hang that make it great.

The Terminator and I announced that after 6+ years we will no longer be hosting hangs as the mind is willing but the bodies are getting too old. We are not going to stop hanging, just need to cut back on the amount of gear we have to haul to a hang. Had a long talk with Steel Player who wants to take over the hang but said he would have to find another person or two to help with the work. So if your are interested in helping then please contact Steel Player. The Terminator and I will be happy to assist whomever takes over. I do hope someone(s) will step up. The Terminator and I are working on being able to continue hosting the hangs but have not worked out the details yet.. Note...while talking to the park staff, I was told that cold weather camping has become so popular that the park is going to keep their camp grounds open all year.

Got to the site on Wednesday about 1:30 and set up camp. Temps got down to 40 degrees Wed night. Got to test a 20 degree Cedar Creek TQ that I have not used before as the temps have been too warm. Kept me warm, now have to wait for some lower temps to test it some more. Thurs and Friday it only got down to about 50 and Sat night it was warm enough I had to strip down and did not use a TQ as it was so warm. It did rain for a few minutes Sat night. Every one reported they stayed dry.

Had a guy who saw the hammock hang sign and came to check it out. He ended up spending the night with us and slept in one of the extra hammock rigs I brought. We thought we might have to serve him an eviction notice as he slept until 10 AM. He doesn't know if he is sold on hammocks but he did say he signed up on the forum with his new trail name of Pitter Patter. While taking Pitter Patter around and showing him the different set ups we found out the hard way Phantom Grappler set up next to a Yellow Jacket nest.

I want to thanks every one who brought food and or cooked as we had so many good eats. Big breakfasts, make your own Dagwood sandwiches for lunch, Stews, chilli, Sp'ggeti, DO meatloaf, cobblers....lots of cobblers ( I gained 10 pounds ).

Of course Sam and Abby did a great job of protecting us from whoossels and hefleumps and letting us know any time someone was approaching the camp. They also did their best to try and sample anything we were eating.

A special thanks to everyone for chipping in with the food, ice, cooking, cleanup, tall tales ect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-29-2019 at 21:02.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Exped combi or K-mart special
    Tarp
    stock Exped
    Insulation
    puffer jackets
    Suspension
    python straps
    After another wonderful hang, I also took a good long nap. Good to see old friends and make new ones. The kitty at my parents house took a long time smelling my legs when I got there because she could smell that I had been around dogs and campfires. Thank you gunner76 and Terminator for hosting this hang and all of the others that came before. Thank you for all attendees for the good company.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I have a lot of pictures to go thru and one more camera to find so I can finish downloading the images and post them.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    And more....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    MooseMan before the hang

Flaming Pumpkin Habg 2019 41.jpg

Mooseman after the hang

Flaming Pumpkin Habg 2019 42.jpg

Too bad he did not show up in person...he missed a good time

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    And more ....

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Pumpkin carving time

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    And more pics from the hang. Thanks to Tacoma for bringing the Hostess goodies.
    Last edited by gunner76; 10-29-2019 at 21:07.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Before we came to the hang, we set up Sam's House ( a large soft sided crate ) that Sam sleeps in when we are hanging to lake sure everything was working. While we had the crate set up at home Abby would not go near it. Of course once we set it up at the hang Abby decided to kick Sam out of his house and it became her house. Poor Sam had that look that says ...what did I do to deserve this

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    Before we came to the hang, we set up Sam's House ( a large soft sided crate ) that Sam sleeps in when we are hanging to lake sure everything was working. While we had the crate set up at home Abby would not go near it. Of course once we set it up at the hang Abby decided to kick Sam out of his house and it became her house. Poor Sam had that look that says ...what did I do to deserve this
    Gunner, ats true love, Sam&Abby! Terminator&Gunner, we all love you. Thank Y’all and your friends for wonderful hangs.

Whenever the urge is there, your whole family is welcome to hang in piney woods with us hammock creatures!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast