Greetings from a full time hanger in Yorktown, VA

Hello, forum!

I stumbled upon this forum when searching for ideas for DIY hammock stands. I've been a full timer for over a year now, since a short camping trip with a Hennessy hammock. Just couldn't readjust to the bed so I bought a Vivere hammock and stand from Amazon. It was an easy choice since the setup didn't cost much more than a new set of badly needed sheets.

I also tried a Wise Owl hammock with the stand, but aside from the issue of stretching I prefer cotton. There's nothing particularly wrong with the stand except it's a bit too short due to aforementioned stretching. I'm probably just going to get some extensions made if I ever get around to taking measurements and sourcing materials...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alphaniner View Post
    Hello, forum!

I stumbled upon this forum when searching for ideas for DIY hammock stands. I've been a full timer for over a year now, since a short camping trip with a Hennessy hammock. Just couldn't readjust to the bed so I bought a Vivere hammock and stand from Amazon. It was an easy choice since the setup didn't cost much more than a new set of badly needed sheets.

I also tried a Wise Owl hammock with the stand, but aside from the issue of stretching I prefer cotton. There's nothing particularly wrong with the stand except it's a bit too short due to aforementioned stretching. I'm probably just going to get some extensions made if I ever get around to taking measurements and sourcing materials...

Welcome, alphaniner! The HH is hat hooked me as well, about 13 years ago now. After that week deep in the wilderness, with some of the best sleeps of my life time, I also sort of wanted to go full time. But, my wife did not think that a good idea! So, I am satisfied with my occasional outside hangs. But, I understand why one would desire to go full time.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    A Tidewater hanger, eh? Welcome to HF! Glad to have you here.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

• + New Posts