Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch

Onewind Underquilt on Amazon

Just in time for some cool weather camping!
    Onewind Full Length Underquilt

They aren't too shabby. After the hammock came in I went ahead and ordered the underquilt and an Evolution 12x10 rainfly to round out my cheapo backup kit. The sustans fill is kind of intriguing... if it works... but a little confusing on the temp rating. I'm not quite sure how a "32-50" rating relates to the temp ratings I'm used to, but I guess I'll find out. ;-)

The only thing I don't care for is that it seems a bit overly complicated with all the adjustment points. Especially since some of those adjustments are doing double duty between the head tie and the side elastic. It seems like if you want an open baffle end you'll also have droopy sides, but in practice... I don't know how that's going to translate into useability.

The 2 spare cords... not quite sure what those are for. Just replacements(?)... or I see on one end corner there is another adjustment clip with nothing attached to it. I was thinking maybe that was an attachment point to run one of those spare cords over the ridgeline to further raise the head/foot but I don't see anywhere on the other corner where you would attach a ridgeline hanger.

And of course.... right after I bought one and a day before it arrived I saw they added a $5 off coupon. Oh well.....

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Yeah, I was a little confused about the center shock cords, as like you said, they seem a little redundant...but, it turns out they serve a pretty important function:

"No Cold Butt Syndrome (CBS).There are shock cords on each end of the underquilt that tighten the middle part of the underquilt. This reduces sag in the end dams, eliminating cold spots under the legs and shoulders."[AIMG][/AIMG]

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have a feeling someone fell asleep on the job. Is one of your ends rigged like this left corner?

OWUQ.jpg

All three corners are rigged the same as the right side in the really crappy drawing. ;-) The end cinch cord passing through grosgrain loops on each side and terminating through a barrel cord lock. An independent tensioner is attached to the grosgrain loop for the side and corner cord attachment.

Just that one corner... the tensioner connects the ends of the side/attachment cord and the cinch cord. Neither pass through or are attached to the loop. Basically leaving you to try and use the tensioner as a "stop" at the cinch cord channel opening (pretty weak compared to a grosgrain loop) and making adjustments from the right side only.

Insult to injury... any adjustments to the left side head/foot side/connection cords messes up the "integrated" cinch adjustment... and vice versa.

Unless I'm missing something.. the cinch cord adjustments "should" be independent... like it is on the other end... and passing through the corner loops for the most secure "stop" point (like they do on the other 3 corners).

If yours is the same, or unless someone can explain where I'm missing the plot... I'm going to consider it a design flaw and return it.

If all your corner attachments are identicial... as it seems they "should" be... then maybe mine is just a fluke. I'll return the one I have and have a replacement sent.
    Last edited by Yarome; 10-16-2019 at 21:50.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Hmm...I'll have to check when I get home later. Here's a cordage diagram Onewind sent me when I asked about the center shock cords. It may or may not help.

UQ Cordage.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chum! View Post
    ....It may or may not help.
    Without seeing the actual tensioners and cord locks it doesn't help much, but appreciate the effort.

I went ahead and did a return and ordered a second one. The return pickup and delivery of the 2nd one both happening... today! We'll see if it was just a fluke or an actual design flaw. I've thought on it quite a bit but can't seem to come up with a "fix" without buying additional hardware and re-rigging that corner to seperate the support and cinch cords.

Replacement arrived, and obviously a different batch than the last one. This one shipped directly from onewind in a non descript box. The first came via amazon. Visually, the stuff sack and inner fabric is black with a blue exterior. The first was a lighter blue throughout.

I don't know if that helps anyone identify which they might receive, but such as it is....

The important part?

ALL corners are rigged as they should be! Top and bottom cinch lines passing through the corner grosgrain loops and terminated with barrel cord locks. All grosgrain loops have tensioners attached and all 4 side/hang lines are appropriately rigged.

This one I'll actually take for a spin among the trees and see how it does.

Side note: The $5 off coupon is no longer valid.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    That's great to hear Yarome! The blue with black interior is the one I received. It appears Onewind is working through a few startup hiccups (like the ridge line attached to the cinch buckle of the hammock), but overall I think they are doing a pretty good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chum! View Post
    ...like the ridge line attached to the cinch buckle of the hammock.
    Speaking of which.. (completely unleated to the UQ)... LOL

How did you end up rigging yours? Mine came with one end tied to one buckle and the other loop end loose in the bag. I re-rigged it, but curious what approach you took.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Speaking of which.. (completely unleated to the UQ)... LOL

How did you end up rigging yours? Mine came with one end tied to one buckle and the other loop end loose in the bag. I re-rigged it, but curious what approach you took.
    Mine was attached on both ends when it came. The other end was looped around the 'X-Steel' at the other bunched end.

onewind ridge line.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast