Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Alabama Sipsey Fall Hang Report

I'll start the Sipsey trip report
    This was the biggest one yet! We had over 30+ people there? I had a great time again and can't wait till the next one to see everyone again! I'll add more tomorrow and tell more about the Great food and seeing all my good friends and new ones.
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer A-sym
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    What a great time!!!
    Sure is quiet out here tonight....miss all the laughing!!!
    We are headed home tomorrow morning before the rain comes....
    Sipsey hangs are the BEST!!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Five O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Nube
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    We had such a great time. Loved the wide age range at this hang. Beautiful area. It was so nice meeting nice, new folks and we hope to make the spring hang.

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Sipsey Hang

As usal think goodness we had our tarp master John with his Beautiful long flowing beard set up one of the big group tarps and helped out folks with others. Then in the morning his awesome wife Mrs Sunshine on a Cloudia day cook a awesome breakfast for ones whom wished to to eat plus help from others. This was just Friday morning turns out we had I think 14 show up Thursday that's a big number for our hangs. We was blessed with getting to see Ashley and Wanda Jean and uncle Steve this time because we wasn't sure if they was going to make it,but they did we was excited to see them. We all love Ashely and family are hoping for the very best for him and finding a cancer treatment that will make him fell much better soon.
    I had to go get my wife in Tenneesee and didn't get back till Friday afternoon late so I'm not sure what went on while I was gone but lots of folks showed up and kelp coming till late in the night setting up everywhere in the trees and woods.
    I'm not going to try to tell whom was all there because we had lots of new faces and I couldn't if I wanted to.
    We seem to have 3 different groups this time and I'm not sure what or where people went or did, I heard some went to the shooting range and some went hiking, I took a few folks with me and picked up my father in law and went looking for a old CCC camp site with no luck.
    Saturday night was when all the fun happen food came out from everywhere, we had hamburgers, bbq sandwiches, two different kinds of gumbo, cornbread, hate beans it was awesome just plan ole awesome good food and fellowship. Then JW had a whiskey bar set up and was mixing up and taking care of the adults.
    This was a great time for all we had 1 1/2 year old baby and kids running around to teens and up.
    I have to say something about our new friends from Flowood, MS Todd 2.0 and his family Todd cooked the whole time he was there and made some fantastic food and his wife served up super good martinis's Thanks!
    Todd 2.0 talked about cooking a whole hog at the next hang and even has won first place in a Memphis barbecue champingship cook off. That's Awesome!
    My wife and I had a great time and I sure enjoy seeing my old friends and making new ones

As far as I know this hammock hang was a success! When I say success I'm hoping no one got hurt in anyway! Only the ground when the guy fell texting and hit his head
    Thanks again to all the ones who cooked cleaned and helped with the hard work to made this happen! With your help you make it happen!
    Ashley you and your family are always in our prayers! We love you brother! Thomas
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    11ft. DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    We had a great time at this hang. A big thank you to everyone that helped to put this hang together.
    "Bama"

Hammock
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    What a great time!!!!

Hammock
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    An assortment of food!!!

Thanks for the pictures Divinity. I see a few familiar faces. Maybe one day we will get back to visit you all.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Thanks for the pictures Divinity. I see a few familiar faces. Maybe one day we will get back to visit you all.
    Yes, thanks for those great pics, Divinity! That looks like a great time, hate I had to miss it again! ( and hey there Ewker! ) I hope to be able to attend a future get together, whether car camp or back pack. That is a large gathering, did Y'all still have plenty of additional room for hanging? I guess so since you could even hang outside he main camp ground if needed.

Hammock
    12' Dutchware Gathered
    Tarp
    12' Dutch's Bonded
    Insulation
    W Logics UQ 40F
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for all the new friends, fantastic food, and great time! I'll be back sometime.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast