Quote Originally Posted by harebell View Post
I got off at Wrightwood and will continue on from there next year (weather & finances). I’ll be bringing my hammock next time but maybe bounce a tent to Acton or Lake Hughes and then pick up hammock again at Onyx. Your thoughts? I have been looking at every available photo on Guthooks. I thought about all my tent camps up to Wrightwood and think about 60% of the time could have hung, and that was coincidental without looking since I was in the tent. But I get the sense around the Mojave it could be going to ground a lot?
So few managed a linear thru this year - the Sierras must have been something. When you passed me at the river the next morning after our camp I knew I wouldn’t be seeing you again! You were powering!
All the best, Ireland.
Ireland! It was great to see you again, man!

I’m not entirely sure I remember the acton and onyx area.

Funny enough a storm right before wrightwood is what convinced me to get my tent; was just so sick of rain and wind under that tarp. If you’re able to sleep somewhat decently on your pad I’d probably just committ to tent life, though you’ll probably see dozens of spots you could have hung. It’s def frustrating but I ended up often just cowboy camping most nights because it was nice to not even worry about it