Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by taraH View Post
    Sorry for the late reply! How heavy was our pack with the slightly extra weight from the ground set up? Since you are experienced with thru hikes I am assuming you are pretty great at counting all of your ounces?
    Truthfully I can’t even recall.
    In the desert I had my base weight down to around 13 pounds or so - and that’s including the pad I brought with me. Lighter than my overall AT base weight.

I never weighed my pack once I started and honestly it actually got heavier as I travelled. I swapped to a larger and slightly heavier pack for the Sierra (and all that gear) and ended up keeping it for the rest of the hike because it fit me better.

I was cruising through NorCal and Oregon with full hammock setup and most nights didn’t bother even setting up my tarp. But in the north…I added that UQP, then another layer…then another layer, and more socks….

I wish I’d had a beefier rain jacket also - it just rained so much in Washington

Hammock
    Half-Zipped
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrewd View Post
    Truthfully I can’t even recall.
    In the desert I had my base weight down to around 13 pounds or so - and that’s including the pad I brought with me. Lighter than my overall AT base weight.

I never weighed my pack once I started and honestly it actually got heavier as I travelled. I swapped to a larger and slightly heavier pack for the Sierra (and all that gear) and ended up keeping it for the rest of the hike because it fit me better.

I was cruising through NorCal and Oregon with full hammock setup and most nights didn’t bother even setting up my tarp. But in the north…I added that UQP, then another layer…then another layer, and more socks….

I wish I’d had a beefier rain jacket also - it just rained so much in Washington
    I bet that was a nice UQP. Custom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234