tarp with doors
    Insulation
    LL TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    My 2 cents.
    PERSONAL CHOICE!
    The reason so many of us have boughr several hammocks.

I started with a $15.00 USD ENO. Loved hanging. Then a Hennessy hated the fabric, never used it nor opened it up. Next upgr as ded Hennessy. Then a few more brands. Discovered I am claustrophobic. Plus getting out of some hammocks is a P.I.T.A. for me. I am a bit over 5 ft. my shoulders dislocate so exiting is tricky with some hammocks.

My Dream Hammock is great a work of art. I need help to exit. Now I know for me wide is not better.
    I do have a Blackbird and I learned I am a left lay person (head right).

For me I use a RR and a Simply Light Design hammock.

To Hang Your Own Hang you need to experiment, see what fits.
    Thanks for your response here and in my UQ/TQ forum. Hammocking takes a lot of money and I just want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction. Sounds like experience is the best teacher. I have 8 years to experience and then it's game on! I better have it down by then! Lol!

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty, Astd. Dutch
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex, TF
    Insulation
    HG,WLSS,JrB,UGQ,LL
    Suspension
    LW straps/Becket
    One other word of advice...quality gear is expensive (bad news) but you can get some good deals on this forum as well as other internet-based buy/sell/trade groups. The good news is, if you do buy gear from a cottage vendor, you can also sell it quite easily and not be out the total cost. Good luck!

Hammock
    WBB1.7 / XLC1.7
    Tarp
    Chinnok 12x14
    Insulation
    Wookie20/Leighlo40
    Suspension
    Straps and Buckles
    If you put a post up in the Want to Buy chances are good that you will get what you want. It has worked well for me in the past (x6), instead of waiting for something to show up in the For Sale section. Just my 2 cents.

Hammock
    Darien, Chameleon
    Tarp
    tarp with doors
    Insulation
    LL TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    beetle buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Benbjamn View Post
    If you put a post up in the Want to Buy chances are good that you will get what you want. It has worked well for me in the past (x6), instead of waiting for something to show up in the For Sale section. Just my 2 cents.
    This is a great idea. I think I will order the Darien and personalize it w/ bells and whistles particular to me, but there is so much gear to get, I will definitely look there for tq's and uq's. I need those desperately, but at 300ish a piece, I could use a break in cost! Tx for the advice.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC Double Multicam
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12/ MWG Mons
    Insulation
    ZPacks/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Images
    You might also look at the Dutch Chameleon. It has a ton of modular add-ons so you can get the base model and build as you go. It's comparable to the Darien and Blackbird but more configurable.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cougarmeat View Post
    At 5'5" I doubt you will need anything designated as "XL" I'm 5'6" and the standard Blackbird is plenty roomy.
    +1

I have owned 2 Dream Hammocks but sold them because they just weren't as comfortable to me. One reason was, that the fabric I picked was too stretchy for me (so entirely my fault), but the other reason was, that DH hammocks simply have a lot more sag than Warbonnet hammocks. I'm used to the type of lay I get in my WB hammocks, which I feel is flatter.

When I go hiking, I use a standard Blackbird 1.7 SL, which offers me almost the same comfort as the XLC. I'm 5'4" and while the XLC feels a bit more roomy, the difference is miniscule and not enough to carry the extra weight.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Sidewinder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I started out years ago with a SMR hammock & Nube shelter not really knowing anything about hammocks. I used it for a year or so then just camped with it on occasion. The hammock was too wide (plus I didn’t know you could lay diagonally at the time) and way too much stretch.
    This last year I did a ton of research through cottage vendors for a hammock and all of them make excellent products. It was a lot of info to take in. I settled on the chameleon because I can lay any direction I want, I heard the Hexon material is crazy comfortable (and it is), the modularity (love that the bugnet comes off & opens on either side and, lastly, the price tag. I wouldn’t mind test driving the BB or the Darien though.
    Good luck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123