Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tree to Tree still in business

I was wondering if they were still in business ? They don't have a website anymore

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Looks gone to me.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    I was lucky and scored a 2018 PeaPod with an extra oz of 900 in every baffle. The thing is a beast
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    We got to meet up with Darby (one of the owners of Tree to Tree) at the craft beer bar he owns in NC on our way down to the Fall Sprawl. To quote him “The best thing about not selling hammocks is I get to use them a lot more!”

I met Darby at MAHHA back in 2010, he is a blast to hangout with and talk about everything from fly fishing, and craft beer to hiking in the Gorge.
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    I was lucky and scored a 2018 PeaPod with an extra oz of 900 in every baffle. The thing is a beast
    Do you want to sell it? If so, let me know(or whatever the sale rules call for). Since he is apparently no longer in business, I wish some one would start making Pea Pods/Polar Pods again.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Do you want to sell it? If so, let me know(or whatever the sale rules call for). Since he is apparently no longer in business, I wish some one would start making Pea Pods/Polar Pods again.
    Not yet. I haven’t even tried it yet and we are finally hitting some good temps to do that.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Images
    Not yet. I haven’t even tried it yet and we are finally hitting some good temps to do that.
    I don't know how you managed to get a Pea Pod. I have tried to contact them several times over the last few years- by e-mail AND phone, leaving messages- and never heard back from them. Does it seem like a high quality product? I had the original Speer Pea Pod ( 900FP, 2.5"loft top and 2.5" bottom, rated 20F on bottom, from when Ed Speer was still in business), and that was a wonderful product, especially when used on my narrow, Claytor No Net hammock. That narrow hammock allowed the top layer to drape down on me better, with less top gap caused by the hammock edges raising the quilt. I never had a cold night in that. It seemed like warmth to the ratd temp on bottom was just guarnteed, and on top also but at a higher temp due to possible top gaps, unless filled with something. Down to 10F lightly augmented with my usual sleep clothing, a thin synthetic bag liner rated at about 50F, and a space blanket/VB under neath the hammock. I got by warm enough on a fall Rocky Mountain trip, lows in the high 20s, with nothing added but the clothing I had with me, layered on top. That worked, but at those temps I would have preferred a very light TQ just for sheer luxury. If you have any less wide/deep hammocks, it works better with them. Shorter(10 ft or less) is also better, allows you to cinch down tight closer to(or even over) the ends of the hammock to lock that cold air out. And no net or one that you can get totally out of the way. If you get to use it this year, let us know how it works for you. And if it does not work for you, or if you decide on bridge hammocks for instance, I might well be interested in taking that off your hands!

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Yeah they are definitely out of production and just by looking at it, it looks great but I plan on testing soon. I bought it on eBay

Images
    Yeah they are definitely out of production and just by looking at it, it looks great but I plan on testing soon. I bought it on eBay
    Oh, OK then, that explains how you got it!

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    I am fortunate to have one of the switchbacks. I was also at the hang when Ed announced his selling to Tree to Tree. A great hang.
    It was a pleasure talking to Ed at the pub, talking about the Canadian north, prospecting, and hammocks.
    Wherever you are.....there you are

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast