Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Would like some informations concerning indoor suspensions and also about hammocks

Hello,

I have been reading many thread on your forum and found some good informations about hammocks but i got some more question about their suspensions systems and the type to use for a region like mine.
    I want to hang it between two perpendiculary wall and my concern are:
    - Will it hold
    - If not do i have to use chemical cement to lock it into place
    - Do i need some special suspension for the lateral pull because of the perpenducalary wall.

To give you an idea of the future setup there is 13 feet between each anchror point.
    I wanted to use a maya hammocks
    with a king sized because i'm actually 6.6 feet high and also 233 pounds.

Sorry for my basics english

Waitting to read you

Howdy!

I'm moving into a new space and will also be hanging a hammock indoors, roughly 13' apart. I've also been doing a lot of reading the last few weeks. It seems that most people agree that hanging from two perpendicular walls is not a great idea, and could result in a fall and/or broken walls. Hanging from the wood in the ceiling (joists/stringers/whatever) seems to be safer. To make it even more secure, I plan to attach a piece of 'dimensional lumber' (a 2x6" about 3' long) to at least 3 joists in the ceiling. This will spread the load out and give me peace of mind. I will then attach my hook or hanger to the board, rather than to just one joist directly.

The problem with hanging from the ceiling is...it's tall! Unless you are comfortable hanging high off the ground (and have a ladder to get in), getting a good hang from the ceiling can be difficult unless you have enough distance between anchors. Sirenobie came up with a pretty neat solution to this problem. They call it the Skyhook Hammock Stand. Basically, you suspend a ridgepole from the ceiling on a pulley system. So you can get a good hang, and pull it up and out of the way when it's not in use. Pretty slick if you ask me.

Welcome and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyCasual View Post
    Howdy!

I'm moving into a new space and will also be hanging a hammock indoors, roughly 13' apart. I've also been doing a lot of reading the last few weeks. It seems that most people agree that hanging from two perpendicular walls is not a great idea, and could result in a fall and/or broken walls. Hanging from the wood in the ceiling (joists/stringers/whatever) seems to be safer. To make it even more secure, I plan to attach a piece of 'dimensional lumber' (a 2x6" about 3' long) to at least 3 joists in the ceiling. This will spread the load out and give me peace of mind. I will then attach my hook or hanger to the board, rather than to just one joist directly.

The problem with hanging from the ceiling is...it's tall! Unless you are comfortable hanging high off the ground (and have a ladder to get in), getting a good hang from the ceiling can be difficult unless you have enough distance between anchors. Sirenobie came up with a pretty neat solution to this problem. They call it the Skyhook Hammock Stand. Basically, you suspend a ridgepole from the ceiling on a pulley system. So you can get a good hang, and pull it up and out of the way when it's not in use. Pretty slick if you ask me.

Welcome and good luck!
    ahahah thanks

Basicly i wanted to use this 51fcvWAFuWL.jpg with chimical cement total resistance up to 1 tonnes pull and also i'm planning to anchor into Wall that are made of pure cement no hole inside 10 inch thick. they carry the weight of the second floor. when back at home will post of picture of the location where i want to hang it.

Good luck to you too

EDIT: 20191017_125212[1].jpg20191017_125249[1].jpg
    The space between my finger is more than 20 cm so 8 inch minimum and i plan to use 7 8 inch screw inside with chimical cement like that https://www.bearfitness.it/en/shop/c...oaAqjpEALw_wcB.

I know that in the US most of the house are made out of wood when outside of city but in france we got heavy regulation for sismics and tornadoes so all our house got reinforced wall. but i'm more worry about the fixation than the wall to be honest.
    Last edited by Zaraelyr; 10-17-2019 at 06:00. Reason: Adding picture

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    There are wall hanging kits available. I know Dutchwaregear.com has them, I think ENO also makes a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Smckinney0031 View Post
    There are wall hanging kits available. I know Dutchwaregear.com has them, I think ENO also makes a kit.
    Thanks you mate i will check this

Wish a good day

Images
    It doesn't look like it's been mentioned yet, so here is a link to a hammock hang calculator which you can use to determine the approximate height to mount the anchors on the wall, since you know the distance between the walls. It requires that you know the length of the hammock ridgeline (assuming it has one) and you have to choose a preferred "sit height." If you get a gathered end hammock and don't want to use a ridgeline, you can take the length of the hammock, multiply it by 0.83, and enter that in the ridgeline length field (or just use the "hammock length" option).

https://theultimatehang.com/hammock-hang-calculator/

Here is a link to the height adjustable wall anchors mentioned above. These would make the height of the hang point determined by the calculator a little less critical.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ad...e-wall-anchor/
    Last edited by cmc4free; 10-17-2019 at 13:35.

oh nice the hanging system seem really nice. i wanted to being high like 1 meter at least.

But this system will resist to lateral pull ? https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ad...e-wall-anchor/

Capture.PNG welll it seem weird here the number i got
    Last edited by Zaraelyr; 10-17-2019 at 14:51. Reason: adding picture

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraelyr View Post
    oh nice the hanging system seem really nice. i wanted to being high like 1 meter at least.

But this system will resist to lateral pull ? https://dutchwaregear.com/product/ad...e-wall-anchor/
    I don't have a setup like that, but if you look at the product photos it appears to be set up at an angle between two adjacent (perpendicular) walls, which is what I believe you want to do?

Note that at least one side is screwed in next to a window where there is more reinforcement behind the drywall. (I don't claim to have any knowledge of the construction techniques used in France.)

Also note from the 4th image, that the screws appear to be driven into the wall at an angle so that it hits the window framing.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 10-17-2019 at 14:57.

Ahahha don't worry my friends your knowledges is right we have reinforcement next to windows and doorways. and the two wall you see on the picture where i want to hang it. it is made out of cinderblock because they carry all the roof weight.
    But don't worry i have been hanging hammocks in less stable setup in guyana to be exact in the french foreign legion.

Images
    Ignore the "ceiling" part, but check out some of forum member Just Bill's posts in this thread. (Posts #10 & 12)

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...anted-ceilings

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast