I recently finished building a version of the Turtledog stand following the example here https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...urtleDog-Stand. Here is a picture of the two tripods: image6.jpeg.

I am using the suggested chain-link fence top rail in three pieces. Two pieces with the tapered ends are 6' and the center piece is 4' to create a 16' length. I need the 16' to hang my WO Ridgerunner Hammock. Here is a pic of the setup: image5.jpeg

It should also be known that I weigh about 220 pounds.

Here are the troubles I have been having. Initially I hung my whoopie sling over the center pole resting on the eyebolt as seen here (ignore the tree strap): image3.jpeg I got int the hammock and the center pole immediately bent down towards the ground and slightly bent the center '4 section.

As my second attempt I added a second eyebolt behind the one that attached to the tripod and connected the hammock the eyebolt with a carabiner like so: image2 (1).jpeg The slightest downward pressure on the hammock arced the center pole upwards to the sky. I was afraid even try to get in to the hammock at this point.

I tried attaching a tree strap to the spring clip attached to the tripod and feeding it through the lower eyebolt like this: image1 (1).jpeg I let my son (70 pounds) try this and it looked better, so got in the hammock. It bent the center section fairly significantly and I ended up sitting on the ground. Pic of aftermath: image4.jpeg

I also thought about trying to attach the hammock directly to the spring clip like this: image0.jpeg but the slightest pressure seems to really tweak everything.

(Sorry about the pics being sideways. they look normal on my computer.)

I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if it is just too much weight over the long distance and the top rail is just not strong enough. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!