Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    Here is a close up of how the cord locks are attached. The small grosgrain ribbon at the top of the photo loops through an attachment slit in the cord lock, the round shock-cord in the center is the side channel suspension, and the cord on the bottom is the drawstring used to snug up the end of the underquilt.

Attachment 177634

A few years back we were experimenting with length wise baffles and on the prototype Jack sewed he had this mod. I did not care for the baffle design but I loved this mod. My personal Greylock had the prusik loops on it for years but with this change it becomes a product that does not have to be modded for use.
    Is the cord lock that the main suspension loop also used to cinch the ends of the quilt as well? Does it accomplish two functions: cinch the ends and also hold the corners in place to prevent sagging? Thanks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyHanger View Post
    Is the cord lock that the main suspension loop also used to cinch the ends of the quilt as well? Does it accomplish two functions: cinch the ends and also hold the corners in place to prevent sagging? Thanks.
    DGrav will give you the official answer, but I will answer from my experience: yes. It has 2 functions and accomplishes both well. It has nothing to do with adjusting the main suspension, even though the main long shock cord loop in the side channels passes through the cord lock. Then the cord lock slides up or down(when it's button is pushed down) the main suspension loop to
    1: straighten/tighten up the top edges/side channel of the quilt as you slide the cord lock either towards the head or feet, to prevent sag/accordion effect and
    2: a separate nylon cord that passes through the quilt's end channels also passes throgh the cord lock, and this adjusts the very ends of the quilt, snugging them up to the hammock, or allowing a gap for venting.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    DGrav will give you the official answer, but I will answer from my experience: yes. It has 2 functions and accomplishes both well. It has nothing to do with adjusting the main suspension, even though the main long shock cord loop in the side channels passes through the cord lock. Then the cord lock slides up or down(when it's button is pushed down) the main suspension loop to
    1: straighten/tighten up the top edges/side channel of the quilt as you slide the cord lock either towards the head or feet, to prevent sag/accordion effect and
    2: a separate nylon cord that passes through the quilt's end channels also passes throgh the cord lock, and this adjusts the very ends of the quilt, snugging them up to the hammock, or allowing a gap for venting.
    I think that's a very clear (unofficial) answer.

Hammock
    JRB James River Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11 X 10
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts
    Suspension
    Webbing, TG, DC
    BillyBob58 is spot on as usual!
    Jacks R Better, makers of the of the Original Under Quilt and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock.
    www.jacksrbetter.com
    Facebook: JacksRBetterQuilts
    Intstagram: Jacks_R_Better_Quilts

Thank you for that very clear "unofficial" answer. It answered the question that I had: Were they able to use one cord lock to accomplish eliminating the accordian effect and cinching the quilt ends. I couldn't tell from the picture of the end shock cord still had it's own cord lock as well. I like the simplicity.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DGrav View Post
    It was packed and printed at 1:17. The mailman just picked it up. The label said 2 Days so you may have it Saturday (USPS can be odd on what counts as day 1)

Enjoy!
    Received today. I set it up on a netless hammock that's currently hanging in my garage, and didn't have any trouble dialing it in. FWIW, one of the 4 secondary/end channel cord locks wasn't threaded onto the primary, but that took all of 2 minutes to fix. Luckily this was at the end where the primary shock cord is knotted.

It seems plenty warm in my 50° garage even as it's still lofting up. I'll look forward to giving it a proper test when colder weather rolls in. The dark olive color is nice, but I almost wish it was the classic light green color.

Images
    Recieved today? Unfreakin believable. But not really, that is just normal JRB.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123