I've been hammock camping for about 8 years and currently have a Warbonnet XLC. For most of this time I've used a sleeping bag with a Thermarest Base Camp pad and that took me down to the 30's fairly comfortable. As anyone who has used a pad knows, it can shift around during the night and I hate waking up at 3 am to adjust my pad (yes that even happens with my double layer XLC).

I recently purchased a UGQ top quilt and after using that this past weekend in the Adirondacks, I decided it was time to match it with a warm UQ. I figure a 20 degree UQ would be perfect for the camping I do.

I looked at some of the budget UQs such as the Dutch Cedar Ridge UP, the Hammock Gear Economy Incubator and several others.

I was wondering if the savings were worth it vs. buying a UQ from Warbonnet designed for my XLC.

So for those of you who chose a non Warbonnet UQ for your WB XLC, did it work out fine or do you regret it? Are there other worthwhile non Warbonnet options to consider?

Or am I better off shelling out the extra bucks for a WB UQ designed for my XLC? If this, do you recommend the Yeti or Wookie? Weight is not a major consideration, as most of my camping these days is via canoe and any backpacking trips would be just a few miles.

I appreciate your thoughts.