Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I'm hoping for lots of snow and cold, Laurie hopes it will be warm enough for her to sleep out

Hammock
    Homemade for now
    Have fun everyone. I was gonna stop up but since I am heading to Oil Creek I won't be able to do that. Maybe next year if I can get my 0 degree quilts by then.

Well I hiked the southern trail section yesterday and it was a very enjoyable day but there isn't much to see besides large open hardwood forest. If anyone wants to join me Friday afternoon, I am doing the roughly 4 mile round trip hike to Mill Creek and up to the spillway. This is the eastern portion of the Elk, Scout and Hemlock loops on the northern section, counter clockwise, and plan to return back the same way.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Fool View Post
    Well I hiked the southern trail section yesterday and it was a very enjoyable day but there isn't much to see besides large open hardwood forest. If anyone wants to join me Friday afternoon, I am doing the roughly 4 mile round trip hike to Mill Creek and up to the spillway. This is the eastern portion of the Elk, Scout and Hemlock loops on the northern section, counter clockwise, and plan to return back the same way.
    I wont be down until late Friday so I'll miss the hike. It is a fun walk tho, have fun!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    ENO Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Wookie UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopi w/Toggles

Cool

[AIMG]C4BFAC7F-535A-4C9D-9FCF-2A3AE3DD2FF1.jpeg[/AIMG]I’m in! Or rather, Out there! This is my first “hang in” with this group. Been hammock camping for years, but typically in small groups or alone.

I see from the video there is a fire ring. Great, I’ll bring SMORES fixins!
    Last edited by Papa-I; 01-28-2020 at 09:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsy Camp and Canoe View Post
    I wont be down until late Friday so I'll miss the hike. It is a fun walk tho, have fun!
    In that case I'll wait until Saturday to hike, maybe cut some firewood Friday.

Hammock
    Chameleon,Yukon double
    Tarp
    DIY RSBTR Winter
    Insulation
    mix of Hg & DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Well I’m definitely in, so far. Just still debating Friday or Sat morning. If I can make up some hours at work during the week planning on Friday evening. Two quick questions. How far from the parking area is everyone hanging and do you get cell service there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mbal1856 View Post
    Well I’m definitely in, so far. Just still debating Friday or Sat morning. If I can make up some hours at work during the week planning on Friday evening. Two quick questions. How far from the parking area is everyone hanging and do you get cell service there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Most people hang within a few hundred feet of the parking & pavilion. As far as cell reception I think there is service but not 100% sure.

Hammock
    Chameleon clone
    Tarp
    Cowboy Badlander
    Suspension
    WB Cinch Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquering Fool View Post
    As far as cell reception I think there is service but not 100% sure.
    It's spotty and dependent on your service provider. With Verizon I've been able to get a bar or two when the wind is favorable. That said, Ridgway and proper cell reception is a very short drive away should anyone need to check in with civilization intermittently.

We look to be rolling in around 4pm Friday. Planning on making chili mac to share Saturday evening. It was so good last year, I've been thinking about it ever since.

On the subject of food, I'm assuming the Sunday morning plan (for some of us, at least) is heading to Joey's, correct? Should almost go without saying at this point.

Something tells me we won't be in much danger of breaking last years' record low of 8 degrees Fahrenheit.
    "Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates." -Mark Twain

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jcksparow View Post
    It's spotty and dependent on your service provider. With Verizon I've been able to get a bar or two when the wind is favorable. That said, Ridgway and proper cell reception is a very short drive away should anyone need to check in with civilization intermittently.

We look to be rolling in around 4pm Friday. Planning on making chili mac to share Saturday evening. It was so good last year, I've been thinking about it ever since.

On the subject of food, I'm assuming the Sunday morning plan (for some of us, at least) is heading to Joey's, correct? Should almost go without saying at this point.

Something tells me we won't be in much danger of breaking last years' record low of 8 degrees Fahrenheit.
    yeah, I figured on Joeys Sunday for breakfast as long as Laurie isn't in a rush to get home (stomach issue), and definitely looks warmer this year. Temps are well above my quilt ratings

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast