Yes
    Tarp
    Doors for sure
    Insulation
    Love some down
    Suspension
    Usualy helps

Linville Gorge - Is That All Ya Got Loop

Headed out to Linville Gorge in North Carolina's Pisgah National Forest a couple of weeks ago to do the 23 mile "Is That All Ya Got Loop." I do this loop 3 or 4 times a year and usually in 2 nights, but I extended this trip to 3 nights to spend a little extra time lulligagging in one of my favorite places on the east coast. Started out at Wolfpit Trailhead early (early) Thursday morning and made my way up to the MST and down to cross the Linville River on the south side of the gorge. Continued on the MST up to Lead Mine which will take you down (and up, and down) to the Linville River and the Linville Gorge Trail. Made it a few miles up the LGT along the river to camp my first night along the river. Didn't pass but one poor sole all day. Got a great night sleep in my Chameleon and continued north on the LGT for day 2. Crossed the river on the Spence Ridge Trail and made my way up Little Table Rock Trail to Table Rock where I stayed for night 2 and enjoyed a beautiful sunset over the Chimney's. Back on the MST headed south, went through the Chimneys, Chimney Gap, and up Shortoff Mountain where I stayed for my 3rd and last night in the gorge. Got up Sunday morning and had the easy hike around the Olsen Trail (which goes out the edge of Shortoff) and back down Wolfpit to my car. Always a challenging hike with incredible views.

As far as gear, I had my baseweight at right around 11 pounds: Zpacks Arc Haul, WB Mountainfly tarp with pole mod (and never got deployed), Dutch Chameleon 1.6 with bug net, Loco Libre 40 degree underquilt, HG econ 40 degree topquilt, plus the usual extras.

I'm still working on my camera settings and video editing, but I hope the video does the Gorge a little justice.

Also have my gps tracks in Alltrails if anybody is interested:

https://www.alltrails.com/explore/map/map--29159

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I hear too much about this place to only experience it online. It's a 9.5hr drive, so doable but will need to be one of my year's "big" trips. It's on the list for next year. Thanks for the info and video.

Hammock
    HG
    Tarp
    HG
    Insulation
    HG/AGGTQ SLDUQ/UQP
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiderwhoopi
    Yes! Such an awesome hike I've been there three times this summer. I only live about an hour and 45 minutes away. I tried to do that same Loop two times this year. Both times the river was impassable at The Spence Ridge Crossing. With this drought I guess that's not the case anymore! I love this hike if you want to do it again message me. And that goes for anybody on this board in the southern Appalachians that wants to go backpacking.

• + New Posts