Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch

Onewind Hammocks on Amazon

I had the opportunity to unbox and review the Onewind XL this weekend, and I really liked it! It's likely going to become my go-to hammock!

Here's a 20% off coupon good for their blue or orange XL models (120"*68"): UVBWG3J4
    (Good for this week only)

onewind Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net Tree Straps and 2000LBS Breaking Strength Ridgeline Double 2 Person Portable Hammock XL Lightweight Nylon 10ft Orange https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S82FM6Z..._80EMDb3J76HSQ
    Last edited by Chum!; 10-07-2019 at 21:18.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    I've been speaking with them just fine, and they are selling a quality set up!

Are any of those cheap hammocks on Amazon any good? I have to admit, I never even looked/considered any of them when I was shopping for my first. Maybe that was a mistake, but I guess I'm in the habit of believing, "you get what you pay for". I had it in my head that those types are only for the very occassional overnighter a couple few times a year, and something you would likely replace every couple of seasons, but you have to "pay to play" if you wanted something for regular day-after-day, week-after-week types.

Does that not apply to hammocks?

I "am" kind of looking at this one though as one to keep stowed under the back seat of the truck for an impromptu stop and/or backup. Is it worth it?

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    The bug net is pretty awesome, and it really does contour to the hammock when you're in it.

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    Are any of those cheap hammocks on Amazon any good? I have to admit, I never even looked/considered any of them when I was shopping for my first. Maybe that was a mistake, but I guess I'm in the habit of believing, "you get what you pay for". I had it in my head that those types are only for the very occassional overnighter a couple few times a year, and something you would likely replace every couple of seasons, but you have to "pay to play" if you wanted something for regular day-after-day, week-after-week types.

Does that not apply to hammocks?

I "am" kind of looking at this one though as one to keep stowed under the back seat of the truck for an impromptu stop and/or backup. Is it worth it?
    I've been using a Grand Trunk Skeeterbeeter pro for years, and this hammock will likely replace it. I'll be trying out their 4 season underquilt this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Chum! View Post
    I've been using a Grand Trunk Skeeterbeeter pro for years,
    That's difficult to quantify. "Years" of what? 2 or 3 nights fair weather camping every month... 6-8 months a year? Everyday, but indoors (no exposure to sunlight or the elements)? 10-14 nights a month camping year round?

I've had mine for coming up on 3 months now. All outdoor, various conditions and have put 30-35ish nights on it (I don't really keep score). I have no plans of stopping and would hope it's going to serve me for a few years, at least, before I need to start considering a replacement. Other than dirty stakes and pitch stains on my straps, it's not really showing any kind of wear yet, but I also invested a pretty good chunck of change into a higher end hammock.

I'm just curious how some of those $30-$50 full setups compare in terms of, what I would consider, somewhat heavy all weather usage.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Well, their text is just illiterate:

"When you cinch the shock cord down the bug net will match the count our of the hammock and seal close."

Okay, what does that mean? Anybody care to translate? If you can't speaka da English, I'ma no gonna buy hammock from you.
    SilvrSurfr, overall I agree, though possibly a good lounge hammock. I saw it “listed” at ten and a half feet long. There are campers here using 10 foot hammocks. Maybe 11 feet would be better.
    If memory serves, their description was a “two person hammock”
    Count our....contour?
    And seal close...have a good seal?
    My English is lacking, grammar, sentence construction, agreement of tenses etc, it’s all there. All my English essays in school were returned by teachers with red x and circled words and minus signs...hahaha

They could benefit from better wording in their advertising. Their target customer base is accustomed to English.

Maybe they are like me, doing asbestos they can..

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Grappler View Post
    SilvrSurfr, overall I agree, though possibly a good lounge hammock. I saw it “listed” at ten and a half feet long. There are campers here using 10 foot hammocks. Maybe 11 feet would be better.
    If memory serves, their description was a “two person hammock”
    Count our....contour?
    And seal close...have a good seal?
    My English is lacking, grammar, sentence construction, agreement of tenses etc, it’s all there. All my English essays in school were returned by teachers with red x and circled words and minus signs...hahaha

They could benefit from better wording in their advertising. Their target customer base is accustomed to English.

Maybe they are like me, doing asbestos they can..
    Haha! I needed that this morning!

Hammock
    Onewind Double
    Tarp
    Onewind Silnylon
    Insulation
    Onewind TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Onewind Cinch
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    That's difficult to quantify. "Years" of what? 2 or 3 nights fair weather camping every month... 6-8 months a year? Everyday, but indoors (no exposure to sunlight or the elements)? 10-14 nights a month camping year round?

I've had mine for coming up on 3 months now. All outdoor, various conditions and have put 30-35ish nights on it (I don't really keep score). I have no plans of stopping and would hope it's going to serve me for a few years, at least, before I need to start considering a replacement. Other than dirty stakes and pitch stains on my straps, it's not really showing any kind of wear yet, but I also invested a pretty good chunck of change into a higher end hammock.

I'm just curious how some of those $30-$50 full setups compare in terms of, what I would consider, somewhat heavy all weather usage.
    I don't spend near that many hours in my hammock...I'm jealous! The coupon code they gave me for you guys will expire at end of the week, but for $47 dollars delivered to your doorstep its worth a good comparison...if anything, it's worth it just to have the back up suspension and bug net!
    Last edited by Chum!; 10-08-2019 at 07:11.

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WinterDream
    Insulation
    HG & Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Dutch CRL w/ Tatos
    "count our"

Looks like "contour" to me.

I've been speaking English for scores of years and still make typing mistakes.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast