Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    I bought a couple of cheapo hammocks a while back that someone linked to, two for one due to a checkout code provided in the same thread.

I took a chance and ended up with two decent hammocks with suspension and bugnets for $23 shipped. They're great for lounging around in when I don't feel like getting my bespoke Warbonnet out of the bag.

Post what you want, Chum! (PYOP?)

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I use those "cheap" hammocks for traveling to places where my "real" hammocks might be lost or stolen. Or if on a casual day hike. Or to show someone hanging fundamentals. They have their use. But these days, there are many "quality" choices from our cottage vendors at vary affordable prices.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless Wiide
    Tarp
    HG Journey 12x10
    Insulation
    Duck down
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by rweb82 View Post
    I'd be curious to know how much all of the components weigh separately to see how this setup compares to cottage gear. I love my Dream Hammocks; but I could definitely see myself picking this up for my kids as a totally viable camping option.
    Individual weights:
    Hammock with ridgeline and organizer - 16.83 oz
    (Includes some minor changes that shouldn't affect weight much)
    Straps - 9.66 oz
    Buckles - 1.87 oz
    Net alone - 12.87 oz
    Length - 121 inches
    Width - 71 inches

Hammock is a bit heavy for a 10 footer but is a nice comfortable hex ripstop fabric. Stitching was solid, but there were a few strings here and there. This company is doing some remarkable things so far as Amazon hammocks go - hammock with UHMWPE ridgeline, ridge organizer, bottom entry (Fronkey style) bug net, double-ended stuff sack, cinch-buckle suspension, etc., and they also have a really nice synthetic underquilt. I say good for them.
    Last edited by GoneShootn; 10-16-2019 at 13:21. Reason: subscribe

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I don't really care what others do, I know my preferences. The important thing is to get out of the rat race and get into the woods. Great place to cool off a bit. We all start at the beginning.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by canoebie View Post
    I don't really care what others do, I know my preferences. The important thing is to get out of the rat race and get into the woods. Great place to cool off a bit. We all start at the beginning.
    Best post of the thread and right to the point. HYOH.

Hammock
    Onewind XL Wide 11'
    Tarp
    DIY tyvek
    Insulation
    Onewind top&under
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Images
    Hey Folks...

Not to revive an old thread, but...

I'm actually working with Onewind here in the states to help them get their message and products across a little better. I'm currently very busy rewriting their product information, and trying to increase their market share. Onewind does make a quality product. They're kind of new to the scene, and a little late to the party, but they are actively working to not be considered "just another Amazon seller with cheap product". We are currently working on updating their product line as well, and there a few new products in the pipeline. A newer, bigger tarp is in the works, as well as an 11' single and double hammock. I'll also be busy with field testing their products and be involved in their QA/QC process.

Yes, I'm new to hammock camping, and no, I don't have as much experience as most of you do, but I'm a quick study, and I get out and camp quite a bit, and I do my due diligence as far as research goes.

I'd be happy to help anyone has questions, or problems with their Onewind products.

Thanks for reviving this thread. I had 'fun' reading all the past comments. I have a couple onewind products on my camping wishlist that I may eventually pull the trigger on. I like to find cheap gear that has decent quality. I've flyfished for years and used department store gear next to my friends that have top of the line stuff. I figure I can get as much enjoyment out of my $30 rod as they can out of their $300 rod and I doubt that I'll break or wear out ten rods before they are done with their $300 rod.

Same goes for my hammock gear. I started last year with a $13 cheap eno type gathered end and a $15 bug net that included a gear shelf. Lasted most of the season before I fell and ripped the bug net. Finished the season with a $20 hammock that had an attached bugnet as it was cheaper than replacing just the bugnet as the $15 option w/gear shelf was no longer available and I used a homemade hammock chair (under $10) for my gear shelf.

Granted, I may be missing out for not using the high end cottage industry products, but ignorance is bliss and I'm happy hammock camping with what I have and my wallet thanks me too.

Short list of my current hammock camping gear:
    $20 goforwild camping hammock w/net
    $29 Gold Armour 10x12 tarp
    $20 Pumpkino Sleeping Bag (60*F) as a TQ. Compresses to about the size of a nalgene bottle. I've used it down to mid 40's without issue. I'm a very warm sleeper.
    Outdoor Vitals Aeries 20*F 5in1 underquilt - given to me by a friend that upgraded to an Amok
    Flannel waterproof picnic blanket that I had used during the warmer weather instead of the OV UQ. I lay it in the hammock just to keep from getting CBS during the summer nights.
    $10 Homemade hammock chair for a chair and as a gear hammock at night
    Wenzel pillow that I've had for years that is flat from use but perfect in a hammock

Cheap hammock camping gear that I've picked up try out this year:
    $15 9.5x9.5 Kisstaker tarp to try out this season for something smaller than the Gold Armour on good weather outings and as a shelter to eat/hangout under for rainy weather outings
    $24 32* NorEast sleeping bag packs a little bigger than the Pumpkino but should keep me warm enough in the early spring & late fall.
    $9 AYAMAYA inflatable pillow with cover (I've slept on it for a couple weeks at home to test and really like it)

I've got lots more cheap camping stuff that I use and bought to try out but it's not specific to hammock use so I'll skip it.

I'm not denying that the expensive stuff is good, just trying to make a point that the cheap stuff works and you can enjoy yourself with it too.

- Clyde

Hammock
    Ninox flat lay
    Tarp
    Kelty 12, 16
    Insulation
    HG Incubater 20,40
    Suspension
    Atlas XL
    Check out Pete's review on River Kings YT channel, its all about their top and underquilts, also includes the blanket as well. Very informative and definitely not in it for money or products.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin Eyeball View Post
    Hey Folks...

Not to revive an old thread, but...

I'm actually working with Onewind here in the states to help them get their message and products across a little better.
    So what kind of compensation do you receive for promoting OneWind products?
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    So what kind of compensation do you receive for promoting OneWind products?
    Out of curiosity, why the interest in this type of reveal?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast