Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Yeah, during a snowstorm I got the bright idea to batten down my Winter Palace with doors closed and hung real low to keep out all the snow that was blowing. I even piled up snow along the bottom edges of the tarp to seal off any wind and snow from coming in. I had a tiny half-inch break in one end - and I'll be darned if every snowflake within a half-mile radius decided to enter through that tiny opening. I woke up to find my top quilt covered in 4 inches of snow. And I don't even want to talk about the condensation!
    Haha piling up snow...I do it every time. I don't know why!! Habit I guess. All that does is block more wind/hold in condensation. It also creates a little "ramp" for more snow to accelerate up and into your space.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We stand by our gear, so definitely let us know if you run into any issues at all
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WB edge/WB SF
    Insulation
    HG 40/40, 0/0 T/U
    Suspension
    DW spider+mantis
    Man you guys are top notch, thanks for all the replies. For the longest time I wanted to try out DCF and see how it performed in comparison. I love my superfly, but I find that I have to keep resealing it ( especially the sewn in loops in the body for door tie back/expanding it outward. I really, really like the idea of the DCF winter palace. It's light enough that I won't mind carrying it in the summer ( epic porch mode w/the width ) and having something that stays rigid in storms/snow is great. I'll use some shock cord for the guy lines so it doesn't pull up during heavy wind, but with silnylon it tends to stretch as it hangs and gets loose by morning. I tend to push the limits of my setup in crazy *** weather so I want to make sure all of my assumptions are solid. I definitely appreciate the input.

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by slammiam View Post
    Man you guys are top notch, thanks for all the replies. For the longest time I wanted to try out DCF and see how it performed in comparison. I love my superfly, but I find that I have to keep resealing it ( especially the sewn in loops in the body for door tie back/expanding it outward. I really, really like the idea of the DCF winter palace. It's light enough that I won't mind carrying it in the summer ( epic porch mode w/the width ) and having something that stays rigid in storms/snow is great. I'll use some shock cord for the guy lines so it doesn't pull up during heavy wind, but with silnylon it tends to stretch as it hangs and gets loose by morning. I tend to push the limits of my setup in crazy *** weather so I want to make sure all of my assumptions are solid. I definitely appreciate the input.
    Heck yeah! We love when folks test the limits of our gear. Just keep us posted if you ever run into any issues. Thanks again!
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    WB edge/WB SF
    Insulation
    HG 40/40, 0/0 T/U
    Suspension
    DW spider+mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grisnakh View Post
    Heck yeah! We love when folks test the limits of our gear. Just keep us posted if you ever run into any issues. Thanks again!
    Man, I can't believe how fast you got that item shipped. Thanks!

Hammock
    DIY 11 ft Double Layer
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Inc30 / B40
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Man, I can't believe how fast you got that item shipped. Thanks!
    You're most welcome
    Harry Carlson
    Customer Support
    www.hammockgear.com
    740-445-4327
    [email protected]

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I'm excited to use this tarp on my upcoming hike. After reading the forums a bit, now I'm concerned about the doors not closing ( never had that issue with my superfly ) and potentially leaking at the top like another user posted about.

You're likely referring to both of my posts about the Palace...

I have a Standard with doors as well, and the doors overlap each other when you close them flat. The Palace doesn't allow for this unless you pitch a REALLY steep pitch. In beak mode they are fine. I've given up trying to get them to overlap.. just isn't going to happen.

Worth noting.. if wind and rain is hitting the tarp on the quarter, being able to lay the windward door over the leward door prevents wind from blowing right in. Tremendously valuable to me. HYOH.

As far as the leak... That wasn't a failure in the build. HG said they found a pin hole and repaired it. I couldn't guess how it happened.
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12