Tarp
    HG Camo DCF Palace
    Insulation
    Incubator/Alsek
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    [QUOTE=Yarome;1990535]
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    Just inspected mine. It is the same as yours. I don't think, however, that a thread anchors that loop to the corner box stitch. It appears that the loop is anchored in place somehow. I couldn't move the loop up or down the channel./QUOTE]

Yup. I can see your loop end and it does appear to in almost the exact same location. Are you sure there isn't a thread? On mine, it's extremely thin (which is why it concerned me) and non elastic. Probably about the thickness of doubled up stitching thread.

If not I really wonder how they have it secured in there. Fabric adhesive(?). One side going all the way up to the corner and the other terminating a couple inches shy and "secured" only in the cord chanel fabric (no stitching) seems kind of odd. Wonder why they do that...
    If it were just a thread holding it, you would be able to move the loop up the channel. I do feel what you are talking about. It's possible they have stitched the loop to a strip of grosgain or something then anchored that. IDK

I don't assume to know their process or really even care. They aren't rookies. I'd trust their manufacturing design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Need Adventure...Make Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    If it were just a thread holding it, you would be able to move the loop up the channel.
    Yup. Mine does. They're willing to have me send it back, prepaid (which is cool), but after waiting several weeks to get it, temps dropping, wanting to use it every day it's been here, and not too excited about another couple weeks travel time... I think I'll just take my own advice. Run 2 or 3 cross stitches across the loop end and call it good.

Seeing yours with the same configuation leads me to believe the positioning is not a fluke. Something isn't quite right, but it's a quick enough fix and not worth the hassle and further time delay.

Thanks, again!
    Last edited by Yarome; 10-05-2019 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
    then there is thin, non elastic (so doesn't appear to be shock cord inner core), thread connected to the end of the shock cord loop and runs up to the corner
    Correcting myself... it's likely "not" a thread in there but the edges of the top and bottom fabric meeting up inside the ASE casing, creating a slight "ridge" in there that just made it feel like a small thread. Makes me even more glad I never pulled on the cord to try and cinch it up.

Won't take long with needle and thread and can take it out to play tonight. ~Cheers

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Mine is the same as all the others, so I assume it was a design decision from a respected company and will leave it at that.

I can see how you questioned it.

Note, there is what appears to be securing stitching on the loop somewhere to something inside the fabric channel. I highlighted it on one picture.

Not sure why it varies from one side to the other, but it must be designed that way as these are all the same.

Great months ahead for this 20deg quilt!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Images
    So it is not stitched to the casing directly, rather it is folded over like a shepherds hook and stitched to the edge of the main quilt fabric with a heavy backtack, the casing then goes on over it and covers all that up

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12