Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images

FL>Arbuckle Tract>11.08.19 - 11.09/11.10.19

OK, reservations have been made for 11.08.19 @ Creekside in the Arbuckle Tract of the Lake Wales Ridge State Forest. Most of us could hike this short hike by starlight or some maybe blindfolded. Makes for a short hike in with more fireside time for catching up. Saturday will find us heading to the west by the north loop to spend the night, 11.09.19, at Isabelle Creek. We didn't even make Isabelle last year! And I believe there are some of our group that have never experienced the beauty of Isabelle. Chris has responded to extending an additional night, Sunday. Until others show interest we can hold off on reserving maybe, Lakeside for Sunday night. Time to get back into the woods again with a bunch of good people.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Are we hiking to Isabelle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Yes we will hike to Isabelle Saturday after spending Friday night at Creekside. We aren't pushed so we don't have to be up and about too early. Some may want to hit the trail early, others may want to allow tarps to dry and have more coffee. It's not that far and there are options of trails to get there. Chris has spoken up for extending another night, Sunday, at possibly another location. If enough show interest that would make for a longer weekend.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    After hiking the North trail to get to Isabelle Creek, are we hiking back out on the same North trail? Should we park at the kiosk to begin with, maybe park a car near Isabelle creek and shuttle out for those with less hiking ability(hurt or whatever)?

You did state there are other routes to Isabelle Creek, I want to say that Lake Godwin in a beautiful spot for lunch if we take that trail. Also, you get to see the hunting cabin on the way.

So many things to see at Lake Arbuckle. It's one of my favorite hikes.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    There are a few different ways to get there. The north trail which offers the creekside hike, the bridge and the 100 yds of Hell. Other trails led back out to the road where you can pick up your vehicle and relocate to Lake Godwin. There are two trails to Isabelle from Lake Godwin. The north then west around the lake marked trail. Then there is the south and west around the lake trail. This is the shortest but... it was an old roads road that was eroding and water stops are placed periodically across the road.Godwin Lake to Isabell Ck.jpgCreekside Trails.jpg

Hammock
    Dutchware Half Wit
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear 20* T
    Suspension
    Straps
    I'm in for this one, lot has happened over the last year with this back injury. Leg is still asleep but I've at least got the strength back after surgery. Old Dog is it possible to highlight the whole route? If not roughly how many miles is the entire hike if I park at the kiosk? Just want to make sure i plan on the side of caution (move the car or not) this will be my first time out since I injured myself.
    The wishbone will never replace the backbone- Will Henry

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    On the second map above the orange is the shady scenic route. The blue is a straight shot then right turn. Sugar sand and hot as hell if the sun is beating down. The red is also mostly open but less sugar sand. Red and blue maybe 1.5 mi. the orange is maybe longer but not much. The short yellow is the side trail to Creekside. From Creekside to Isabelle is going to be 4 to 6+ hiking. Depending on route and you do have all day and reinforcements. In your case take the red trail in. This is NOT blazed. It is a two track(road) intersecting the orange blazed trail leading you to the Creekside side trail. Notice that this red trail has a road forking off to the right. STAY LEFT. Sat. hike back out pick your vehicle and relocate it to Lake Godwin. From there it's around 2 miles to Isabelle. On the first map the blue is a blaze trail around the north of the lake the red a road walk. The pink will hurt you! The light blue is the side trail into Isabelle.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Im a maybe fri-Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Bomber21

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Maybe the short distance in and the easy hike will make it easy on your knee.

Hammock
    Sheltowee Boone DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    30*HG UQ/ 40*UGTQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    True. I’m thinking I’ll be fine. Recovery is going on very well thank God.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly known as Bomber21

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast