Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensoro View Post
    http://www.hammocktent.com/en this thing looks pretty cool, could probably lay on your stomach in it. The tarp is multi function as the whole system can go to ground.
    Trouble is buying one. They can be quite expensive at 375 Swiss Franck( a bit more than that in US $ ) without tarp, and they have been out of stock for quite a while. I have an older model, and it might be great for stomach sleeping as it is plenty wide and flat with a pad in there. But I wouldn't know, as I don't sleep on my stomach. It is great for other positions.

Last edited by BillyBob58; 10-02-2019 at 13:21.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Here's the link to the vid I did not to long ago for my YouTube channel testing the Ecotec Hybern8 insulated pad with a single layer RR. The lay was just as flat as if the pad wasn't there and I didn't have any issues with it moving around or having to chase it all night. Now obviously being directly on the pad will change the feel some, but it's just as comfortable . An advantage of doing it this way is if you decide to eventually get an UQ for it, you won't be stuck with the added firmness of the double layer ( if you'd prefer the feel of a single that is) . Overall I think it's a good option since it keeps the flatness and comfort of a bridge without giving up much if anything.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CIoXC180-LE&t=30s

IMG_20190827_105659.jpg
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 10-03-2019 at 07:41.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Here's the link to the vid I did not to long ago for my YouTube channel testing the Ecotec Hybern8 insulated pad with a single layer RR. The lay was just as flat as if the pad wasn't there and I didn't have any issues with it moving around or having to chase it all night. Now obviously being directly on the pad will change the feel some, but it's just as comfortable . An advantage of doing it this way is if you decide to eventually get an UQ for it, you won't be stuck with the added firmness of the double layer ( if you'd prefer the feel of a single that is) . Overall I think it's a good option since it keeps the flatness and comfort of a bridge without giving up much if anything.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CIoXC180-LE&t=30s

IMG_20190827_105659.jpg
    Great video and demo! Now that I have a single layer JRB James River, I need to experiment with a pad in it! The fellow ( 509 ? ) who did the minus 10F with a Neoair X-Therm in a single layer bridge also reported no significant problems. So it is apparently doable.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Great video and demo! Now that I have a single layer JRB James River, I need to experiment with a pad in it! The fellow ( 509 ? ) who did the minus 10F with a Neoair X-Therm in a single layer bridge also reported no significant problems. So it is apparently doable.
    Thanks. I didn't have any issues at all. Even though it was only in the 50's, I'm sure it will work just as well in colder temps. It was also very comfortable surprisingly , and didn't take away from the feel of the hammock nearly as much as I thought it would. It's definitely doable I'd say.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    UGQ Penny Pincher
    Insulation
    Klymit Luxe
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Images
    I've heard varying reports on stomach sleeping. I can side sleep pretty decently in mine but I've never tried to roll all the way around.
    I keep water with an easily opened flip top in the saddle bags to combat the cotton mouth

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I can side sleep in the RR. I also have turned on my stomach but had nowhere to put my arms. The RR is short, so I put my arms forward and they bump the end pieces of fabric and I get bit up through the fabric. It’s a little cramped. Especially for stomach sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
    Thanks. I didn't have any issues at all. Even though it was only in the 50's, I'm sure it will work just as well in colder temps. It was also very comfortable surprisingly , and didn't take away from the feel of the hammock nearly as much as I thought it would. It's definitely doable I'd say.
    I finally tried a fully inflated Neoair All Season 25" wide pad(as well as a 20" wide CCF TR Ridge Rest) in my single layer JRB. To my amazement, it totally stayed put. I swapped around from back to each side, and in this short time I was out there, it never threatened to slip out from under me. And it seemed pretty comfortable, and very warm. (the very flexible Ridge Rest CCF was a little trickier, but still quite doable)

I even managed to get on my stomach, but that simply was not comfortable for me. Then again, it would not be comfy for me in a bed. I do not stomach sleep, period. Although, when I side sleep in a bridge hammock or a bed, I am often almost on my stomach, like turned 1/2 to 3/4 way from side to stomach.

The only real negatives I could see was that my elbows were not well covered(though easily dealt with) and that my center of gravity was elevated. But it still seemed safe, as the James River is slightly deeper than some. But I don't think I could lean back into the sides like I love to do with an UQ. Not only would I have a higher risk of being able to roll out- maybe not a problem but not as secure feeling as before the pad raised me 2.5" higher- but I would have no insulation on the sides. But I can see that if I wanted to use this single layer with a pad, I could definitely do it. Another experiment I hope to try soon: and Speer Segmented Pad Extender in a single layer bridge.

I also put my Neoair inside my Hammock Tent 90 with pad pocket, and that works better than any of them. No sense of raised center of gravity at all, and if anything it actually increases over all comfort.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12