Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag/mat
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    [[email protected];1990157]If you do decide to go down the DIY route I've found that FabricLand in the UK actually sells a very limited range of ripstop fabric for a very very reasonable price. I've made 2 hammocks from their material, a single layer and a DL both at 11'. I think the total cost for 12 metres was somewhere in the ballpark of £35-40...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk[/QUOT
    I think I will buy one to start with im looking at easy hammock just now as for diy I don't think I know enough about hammocks and/or sewing to start making one I may however attempt some stuff sacks and ridge line organisers can never have enough stuff sacks

Hammock
    DIY 11' hammock
    Insulation
    Frankenbag TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    That's fair enough. Without pushing it I built one first (in fact I only have DIY hammocks). It is simply a 1/2" rolled hem on the lengths and a 2-3" rolled hem on the end (with three lines of stiching). Suspension options are endless but Homebase sell some pretty strong low stretch rope for a couple of quid that will work for the end suspension.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    There is a Polish hammock maker that just came out with a good-looking camping hammock. I haven't seen or used it, yet, but on paper it looks good.

Another alternative would be Hennessy Hammocks. They have a distribution center in the UK.

Insulation
    Sleeping bag/mat
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    There is a Polish hammock maker that just came out with a good-looking camping hammock. I haven't seen or used it, yet, but on paper it looks good.

Another alternative would be Hennessy Hammocks. They have a distribution center in the UK.
    im sure the one I am looking at is a polish guy that makes them its easy hammock

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathankcr View Post
    im sure the one I am looking at is a polish guy that makes them its easy hammock
    I was referring to Lesovik, a Polish manufacturer located in Poland, not EasyHammock. EasyHammock looks OK, though. However, I did ask them about the type of fabric they use and they couldn't answer that question. Usually, I would want to know that before buying. But if you don't mind that, it looks like a decent design.

Insulation
    Sleeping bag/mat
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    I was referring to Lesovik, a Polish manufacturer located in Poland, not EasyHammock. EasyHammock looks OK, though. However, I did ask them about the type of fabric they use and they couldn't answer that question. Usually, I would want to know that before buying. But if you don't mind that, it looks like a decent design.
    I haven't had much experience with fabrics so wouldn't really know one from the other I just want one that will hold my fat ***

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock View Post
    I have a sewing machine and a roller hem foot. I bought some camo ripstop nylon to make myself a 12’ hammock but ended up making a winter down UQ instead.
    The hammock is next on the list!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you want more options than FabricLand has, ExtremTextil in Germany has fast, cheap shipping to the UK (at least for the next month!)

I have no answers to the original question, but I bought my wife a purse for Christmas last year on Etsy. It was from a small shop in London. It cost $20 shipping to me, and I got it in 2 days - super fast. When she decided she wasnt crazy about it ( https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...milies/mad.png ), I tried to send it back. The absolute cheapest method I could find which would be the slow boat was $75. I dont recall ever declaring a value of the purse. That was just what the shipping was. Incidentally, the purse was ~$175 so I was not about to pay $75 to return it.

So I gave it back to her and told her that it was hers regardless. She recently started using it and has grown to like it (I think). So, it worked out in the end.
    "We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky

Images

I also was just about to mention HH!

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefLamont View Post
    I have no answers to the original question, but I bought my wife a purse for Christmas last year on Etsy. It was from a small shop in London. It cost $20 shipping to me, and I got it in 2 days - super fast. When she decided she wasnt crazy about it ( https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...milies/mad.png ), I tried to send it back. The absolute cheapest method I could find which would be the slow boat was $75. I dont recall ever declaring a value of the purse. That was just what the shipping was. Incidentally, the purse was ~$175 so I was not about to pay $75 to return it.

So I gave it back to her and told her that it was hers regardless. She recently started using it and has grown to like it (I think). So, it worked out in the end.
    The answer is most likely USPS Epacket. Here's one article...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/wadeshe...the-usa-cheap/
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123