Gathered End Hammock w/ integrated insulated camping pad

Has anyone seen a hammock that comes with a camping pad already integrated into the hammock? I'm trying to eliminate the need to pack a hammock and a pad, considering the pads you typically see dont really work in a typical hammock. I am wanting to sew a large pad into the hammock so that it prevents sliding, extends the natural width of the hammock to a more comfortable space, and insulates me from the cold air running underneath.

I realize there are plenty of threads on pads, and UQs but I am looking to innovate a little here and wanted fresh thoughts! Thanks yall!

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    I've seen a few insulated hammocks with either down or synthetic insulation attached.

Haven't seen an integrated hammock w/pad. I see problems with it, however. Why not simply build in a pad sleeve? That way you aren't stuck with one particular pad. If your pad suffers a leak, if it is built in, you would have to retrofit the hammock with a new pad.

Keep innovating though!

Hammock
    DIY 11',65W;V-Allen Bridge
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    You mean like this?

Pad Hammock.jpeg
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Yes like that is that your own creation? ���� Looks great, however, as you can see the pad is a typical ground pad and when utilized in a hammock does it offer enough width to keep shoulders / arms / legs insulated when wrapped up?

Love the angled lay though, would that be considered a necessity with an integrated pad?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch Hammocks View Post
    Yes like that is that your own creation? ���� Looks great, however, as you can see the pad is a typical ground pad and when utilized in a hammock does it offer enough width to keep shoulders / arms / legs insulated when wrapped up?

Love the angled lay though, would that be considered a necessity with an integrated pad?

You may need an SPE (something like ENO HotSpot)......https://www.rei.com/product/830279/e...ping-pad-wings
    Or a pad like the Klymit V for a hammock.....https://www.klymit.com/hammock-v-sleeping-pad.html
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    This isn't a pad but it is a built in quilt. It is in the closeouts section.

https://dutchwaregear.com/product/superior-hammock/

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    Technically, if your hammock has an integrated pad, you're still packing both a hammock and a pad, but you lose flexibility with how you can pack your pack. I would imagine it would be best to keep the two separate. As others have mentioned, there have been a few insulated hammock options over the years- Sheltowee Boone hammock, Bonefire Gear, Superior Hammock. Most of those are aimed at solving the issue some folks have with keeping the insulation where they want it at all times.

If that is the goal, there are some other non-integrated options out there that are very good, and provide more comfort than a pad- namely the Warbonnet Wooki & Simply Light Designs Trail Winder underquilts. I suggest taking a look at those as well.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images

Yes my own creation. I've taken that combo down to 38f with a steady 15mph breeze at night. So I would call this a 3 season option. The pad is a Klymit V. The side panels are 1/2" closed cell gossemere foam.

The angle lay works well and the pad TOTALLY eliminates any knee or leg discomfort. Somewhere buried in here is my build thread. Don't have the time right now to search it for you...
    Last edited by Texas Hanger; 09-27-2019 at 20:42.
    Failure is a good friend you will meet on the road to success. Just remember, he will give the best directions...

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Has anyone seen a hammock that comes with a camping pad already integrated into the hammock?

there's that new kickstarter, the Haven Tent, which is kind of what you're describing. it's kinda a mashup of an Amok Draumr, and a ridgerunner

Hammock
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Klymt Ins V AirMat
    Suspension
    Whoopi Slings
    Images
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ht=Comfortable

Here's the link to my built in SPE GE hammock from the pic above...

• + New Posts