Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads

Talking BLOG: How Do You Find Time To Go Backpacking?

I've got all the gear, now I just need to find the time to use it.

This was a fun collaboration on an important topic....please give it a read.

How do you find time to go backpacking? Part 1

Rob
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

Hammock
    Variable
    Tarp
    Surperfly
    Insulation
    Quilts
    Suspension
    Variable
    Excellent read. Thanks for sharing the link. It's something that every single one of us can relate to, I think. I know I do!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
    Like thrash metal? Check out my nephew's band, Deathwatch. He's an amazing drummer... https://soundcloud.com/user-660860695

Hammock
    War Bonnet Blackbird
    Many thanks for the thread. I look forward to discussion. It helps to have an understanding spouse. My wife enjoys day hiking with me but she's not about to spend the night out there. Our balance - she doesn't complain when I take a week or two a year for a longer hike and I don't complain when she takes more civilized trips. Two years ago she went to Paris with her sister and our daughter and I enjoyed a walk from Winding Stair Gap to Fontana Dam. Occasionally I go on one of her trips and she sometimes takes a short walk with me. This May we plan to spend two days slack packing from Davenport Gap to Hotsprings, spending the night at Laughing Heart Lodge.
    It takes more planning and compromise and the days are gone when I can take off on a whim. But I'm not complaining. I appreciate a good hike all the more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD's 12' Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Hand-sewn 12ft-er
    Insulation
    Hand-sewn down
    Suspension
    Cinch Bugs
    Images
    Hmm...I live in my hammock about 9 to 10 months out of the year. I can't handle houses anymore... I've gone feral...walls do my head in. I have a similar problem, though. How can you find time to work for money, when there's all this free bushland to explore and free bush tucker to eat?

sent from the bush (forest) using my solar powered smartphone

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Backpacking is the single most driving force in my life. I made the decisions that would compliment this desire along with the sacrifices. I found a partner who loved it as much as I do and most importantly had no desire to have kids. We choose to move closer to wilderness, live rural and sacrificed making a higher wage for our professions than we would find in a major or larger metro area. We built our own smaller house to keep our cost of living lower. I choose the property we now reside upon because it backed up to a major long distance trail giving us the opportunity for quick trips at a moments notice out or backdoor. I realize I'm an extreme, not many would put hiking and being right next to wilderness that high on their priority list. For us though, time to get out and enjoy life on the trail is our main goal in life right after a stable existence. We're not quite hardcore enough to drop everything to become nomads and make it a lifestyle like the more dedicated lifelong long trail thru hikers.

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Backpacking is the single most driving force in my life. I made the decisions that would compliment this desire along with the sacrifices. I found a partner who loved it as much as I do and most importantly had no desire to have kids. We choose to move closer to wilderness, live rural and sacrificed making a higher wage for our professions than we would find in a major or larger metro area. We built our own smaller house to keep our cost of living lower. I choose the property we now reside upon because it backed up to a major long distance trail giving us the opportunity for quick trips at a moments notice out or backdoor. I realize I'm an extreme, not many would put hiking and being right next to wilderness that high on their priority list. For us though, time to get out and enjoy life on the trail is our main goal in life right after a stable existence. We're not quite hardcore enough to drop everything to become nomads and make it a lifestyle like the more dedicated lifelong long trail thru hikers.
    Your life is my goal/dream!

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhemkb View Post
    Your life is my goal/dream!
    Thanks, it was hard work but overall a very doable process for anyone willing. Though finding the property was pure luck and timing.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    HG/pad and bag
    Suspension
    Straps
    Great read!! Definitely touches home. Juggling the job, the family, taking care of the home...Sounds like a 25hr a day task. And then after all of that, still having enough time to get out in the woods when there are only 24 hrs in the day! Very difficult indeed. I can't wait for retirement

I am looking forward to part 2.
    Chris (Chipper)

It seems like a good time to get lost in the woods for a few days! --www.chipperoutdoors.com-- or ---facebook---

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Backpacking is the single most driving force in my life.
    You are my hero.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Snipe, Netty, Argon
    Tarp
    Tadpole, Cuben, SF
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Dutch DooDads
    Part 2 can be read here
    Visit Backpacking Adventures and submit your pictures into our monthly contest!

Check us out on YouTube or FaceBook

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast