Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    These observations are a bit subjective IMO.

DCF tarps can be compact if they are folded and rolled vs using snake skins. If the rest of the kit is sufficiently UL, the tarp doesn't have to be a deal breaker in the bulk department.

I don't know what material Wookies are made from, but my 10D and 7D EE Revolt UQs are quite stuffable. Also, I have the suspension adjusted, with stopper knots on the LL3s, such that all I do is clip them in on each end and they're adjusted properly. I don't use any quilt hooks or other gizmos to hold them in place. Just seems to work. I'm 5'9" and I find the coverage with a 55" Revolt to be surprisingly good on the diagonal. As mentioned by cbm9000, I use my little foam sit pad under my heels and that works for me.

In the summer I use a 36 liter pack and my warm weather kit fits in it with room to spare. Last night I had my shoulder season kit out and used my 52 liter pack and had a huge amount of space left over.

Here's a summer setup that weighs about 2.5 lb for hammock, DCF tarp, and both quilts, incl all suspension, guy lines etc.

I just wanted to say, that is pic, where ever it is, amazing. What a beautiful place to hang. I apologize, as I know this post has nothing of merit to add to this thread, I just wanted to comment on the pic.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Thanks! That's not far off the AT, just north of Island Pond in Harriman State Park, NY.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

I'm new to this forum and feel glad to have joined. because the first post I came across is this and wow, simply wow! That is quite detailed information and its great for people like me who like details. Thank you

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolloff View Post
    Thanks. Great run down.

I think I can bring a 30 degree insulated hammock in between 1.5 - 1.75 lb. I'll let you know how that comes out.
    The Sheltowee/Bonfire Whisper came in @ 1.9# with a little overstuff.

I haven't found the 11' HF DCF hex to have any significant volume penalty when folded, compared to my 12' AHE Toxaway/snake skins.
    Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234