Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

ViDEO: Superior Hiking Trail....Arrowhead Trail to North End of Trail

I packed my OHM.
    WB Eldorado hammock, WB Minifly tarp, JRB Ultralight Shenandoah TQ and WL Summer Series UQ.
    Then drove 4:45 to get up to trailhead. Never gotten on this most Northern part of Superior Hiking Trail here in Minnesota. It was so pretty and more of a challenge than I reckoned it would be.
    Good 9 to 10 hours sleeps both nights.
    Whooooooo Buddy)))))
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    We have a cold front here. Into the low to mid 80's as a high.

Perfect timing for a Shug video to keep me company with a nice hot coffee. Marking for later.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    We have a cold front here. Into the low to mid 80's as a high.

Perfect timing for a Shug video to keep me company with a nice hot coffee. Marking for later.
    We are into the 80s today at home and sweating! Off to mow the last mow of the year.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    JrB+Cedar Ridge UP
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Thanks for the video Shug. I've been trying to pace myself through your youtube library, but I'm nearly at the end so it's a welcome news you've posted again!

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Good to see you back in the woods. Been looking forward to some more of your hiking videos.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I guess that's late enough. Had to watch and couldn't wait for "later" to happen.

Boy, what a scenery you had. End of Summer and your colors are already popping. I just loved listening to that shower on top of the tarp.

So, we're going next week but we will be just a little lower in elevation. About 1700 feet lower. I wouldn't mind having your temps into the 50's with a little shower to fall asleep to.

Thanks for another wonderful trip thru the Great North. And the extra vid of the MSF 2019. Loved your new balancing act.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Mood Dependent
    Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Very nice, the thrill of discovery always adds that extra layer of excitement to the trip. Cool that you ran into Annie. We tried to provide her some trail magic on her way through our part of the woods but alas our schedules didn't meet up. Fortunately many members of Chequamegon Chapter stepped up. Pretty amazing trip. We've actually had a couple thru hikers come through this year. We hosted a gentlemen for a night and a trip into town who is "section hiking" the NCT and by that I mean doing it in the same way as Annie, huge 1000 mile chunks or so at a time. He's 72 and is a pretty neat guy. I can only pray I'm doing a thousand mile trip at his age but I've been a bit rough on my body in my youth ;P Thanks for the vid.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Sweet... Always a good day when Shug puts up a new trip video, can't wait to watch later...Thanks!
    Definitely excited to see the set up that nudged me towards mine. Your review on the Eldorado that was mixed into a Hickory Brothers video was the final selling point for me and then watching you use and explain the 3/4 length underquilt (along with others thoughts on that here). I was worried that I wouldn't like 3/4 but it's been great, so glad I went that route.
    Happy Trails!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fr0sty View Post
    Thanks for the video Shug. I've been trying to pace myself through your youtube library, but I'm nearly at the end so it's a welcome news you've posted again!
    You then have watched wayyyyyy tooooo much of me! Thankee.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabmanhang View Post
    Good to see you back in the woods. Been looking forward to some more of your hiking videos.
    Appreciate it. Almost did not film for the first time in years but finally started feeling it. Was just into my own head.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    I guess that's late enough. Had to watch and couldn't wait for "later" to happen.

Boy, what a scenery you had. End of Summer and your colors are already popping. I just loved listening to that shower on top of the tarp.

So, we're going next week but we will be just a little lower in elevation. About 1700 feet lower. I wouldn't mind having your temps into the 50's with a little shower to fall asleep to.

Thanks for another wonderful trip thru the Great North. And the extra vid of the MSF 2019. Loved your new balancing act.
    Still want to walk that Florida Trail sometime. It would be really different. But in January or February! Thanks for checking the MSF video.

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Very nice, the thrill of discovery always adds that extra layer of excitement to the trip. Cool that you ran into Annie. We tried to provide her some trail magic on her way through our part of the woods but alas our schedules didn't meet up. Fortunately many members of Chequamegon Chapter stepped up. Pretty amazing trip. We've actually had a couple thru hikers come through this year. We hosted a gentlemen for a night and a trip into town who is "section hiking" the NCT and by that I mean doing it in the same way as Annie, huge 1000 mile chunks or so at a time. He's 72 and is a pretty neat guy. I can only pray I'm doing a thousand mile trip at his age but I've been a bit rough on my body in my youth ;P Thanks for the vid.
    So funny to run into Annie. We sorta creeped up on one another. She filmed me....I filmed her. We stood and gabbed 20 minutes or so. What a hiking monster going since May. She got cold last week in that 40º rainy weather here in MN.
    Not sure I could ever walk that far in one stretch.
    Do want to thru the SHT sometime though.

Hammock
    Blue Bean by Shug,Clark Tropical
    Tarp
    Shug Over,WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest&Burrow
    Suspension
    Once
    Real good then.
    "I like grits,because they have no bones" Chet Atkins

• + New Posts