Hey everyone. So I've just finished my first proper camping hammock following jellfish's Nova series.

I've played around with making a couple of hammocks before spending money on decent fabrics.

I wanted to make a wide hammock for the comfort more than anything. I'm typically a scout camper rather than backpacking so weight wasn't a big deal for me.

I went with RBTR for the material, 1.6 HyperD XL in charcoal grey and crimson. I had a bit of issues when it came to the bug net as the HyperD is super wide at about 71" sewn together.

I ended up using 2 widths of bug net and a flat felled/French seam (whatever it's called).

I used some pack/door hooks for tie outs and UQ hooks when I get around to making one of those.

I'm yet to add any accessories on the inside on the hammock but I thought I'd try it out for a few nights and figure out what I'm missing to suit my needs.

Overall weight is a little over 1KG (2.3 lbs).

If I were to make it again I'd definitely at some sort of elastic to the end caps as they feel a little loose, might be a mod later down the line.

If I figure it out I'll add photos too!