Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Countrybois View Post
    Coming from Chicago area, so balmy weather will be welcome in January.
    Hellooo Chicago! C'mon down for some balmy goodness!
    HangCon Sign Up:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

So many trees, so little time...

Hello everyone. I hate to miss the whole event, but will be at a hiking event all weekend long Just down the rode at Alexander Springs. Would be ok if I can come later in the afternoon for dinner and raffle event? Hopefully we will be done by then. Hope everyone is doing well

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Flsnowman View Post
    Hello everyone. I hate to miss the whole event, but will be at a hiking event all weekend long Just down the rode at Alexander Springs. Would be ok if I can come later in the afternoon for dinner and raffle event? Hopefully we will be done by then. Hope everyone is doing well
    Absolutely!! C'mon and bring your hiking friends with you!!
    HangCon Sign Up:

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images

Attn: Floridahanger

Your HF inbox is full and won't accept a PM.
    So here's your private message in front of everyone!! But please reply via PM...right after you clean out your inbox.

Hey Floridahanger,
    It looks like the weather for HangCon is going to be exceptionally mild.
    So we definitely won't need our usual full cord of firewood. Maybe, not even half.
    What do you think? And what prices are you finding?
    Timberrr
    HangCon Sign Up:

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Straps, D. Buckles
    Images
    Reminder to everyone who isn't sure if this reminder is for you. (it is...)

Please sign up on the attendance spreadsheet. The link is down in my signature block. Thanks!
    HangCon Sign Up:

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    Tips for First Time Hangcon Hangers (and I'm sure the list will continue)
    1.Sign Up on the Google Sheet and let us know your coming.

2. Buy plenty of raffle tickets. Our raffle is crazy big and so are the prizes. My thoughts are this event is free for us, but it isn't free to host. 30 bucks a day in raffle tickets could not cover the cost of campground camping plus 2 meals a day. So show some love and buy raffle tickets.

3. Bring with you a can food donation. Our camp host live on very little and we always want to leave a good impression and to help out when we can. Bring something that you would want to eat.

4. Bring a large beverage to share. We have a drink table that we add to over the weekend. 2 liter drinks, drink mixes, tea, fruit punch, etc. Also, we have coffee and hot water for tea going pretty regularly through the weekend. If you have a favorite instant coffee, bring a few extra to share or trade.

5. FIRST THING… Always come to the front of the lodge to check in before you do ANYTHING ELSE. That gets us a chance to meet you, answer any questions you have, and give you important information you may need, like the wristband we will give you to make sure you are supposed to be here. If you see anyone without one direct them to the registration table to get one. Also, wear your name tags.

6. SETUP- Spots close to the lodge and parking lot go first. If you want to be away from the action you have plenty of quiet options around Doe Lake. If you want to be close to the action and are arriving later than Friday afternoon, bring a stand. While there are plenty of trees, a hurricane took down a good number of them a few years ago. Just keep that in mind if you want to be close to the lodge or parking area.

7. Campfire- We encourage you to join the main fire and not start smaller fires around the grounds.Floridahanger does a tremendous job keeping our central campfire going all weekend. It's a great place to be not only for warmth, but the fellowship, stories, conversations, and the occasional sharing of libations. Weather permitting, there is usually a fire in the lodge fireplace as well.

8. Meal times: Meal times are dependant on a few factors so if a meal doesn't start serving right on time. See if there is anything you can do to help. Also, be courteous and come to meals on time. If you are late and the food is gone. Your on your own. I usually bring a meal or two in case I miss one (which I usually miss breakfast). If you finish a meal early, check on the serving staff (also volunteers) and see if you can relieve them. We try and cover breakfast and dinner. You are on your on for lunch, so play accordingly.

9. Utensils: Bring your personal mess kit and cub/mug. While we have a VERY LIMITED amount of plastic disposable utensils, they go rather quick and end up in some landfill. If you have the ability bring your own mess kit to eat out of. It cuts down on the trash and our helps the environment. If you use one of our trays, offer to help with dishes after the meal. This also applies to drinks as well, just bring your own cup.

10. Bathrooms: There are facilities in camp to use the restroom and shower. Make sure you pack a towel, because unless you make a point to bring it you will forget one and regret it. Also, these bathrooms need to be mopped a couple times a day. Ding! Ding! Another volunteer opportunity.

11. Lodge: we have a great lodge that is used pretty much all day and people come and go. Make sure you brush your shoes off as to limit dirt that gets in. We will be looking for volunteers to help sweep out the lodge occasionally as well.

I'm sure this list will continue to be added to by others but this is a nice starting point.

Hammock
    ENO
    All signed up and ready to come down for this hang! Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing all of their setups.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado SL
    Tarp
    HG DCF std camo
    Insulation
    WB DB + Wooki 20*
    Suspension
    Dyneema + Becket
    I'll likely attend if my WB quilt set arrives in time, so I may be a late sign-up. Ordered Black Friday with a 4-8 week lead time so we'll see.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    I’m hoping to gather all the supplies and do a class on how to make a reflectix cozy for a cook pot/mug on Saturday morning. So of you interested be on the lookout in the lodge after breakfast.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberrr View Post
    Your HF inbox is full and won't accept a PM.
    So here's your private message in front of everyone!! But please reply via PM...right after you clean out your inbox.

Hey Floridahanger,
    It looks like the weather for HangCon is going to be exceptionally mild.
    So we definitely won't need our usual full cord of firewood. Maybe, not even half.
    What do you think? And what prices are you finding?
    Timberrr
    Sorry about that. It's cleaned out and ready to go. Today I'll get my final prices and delivery times. I will get the 1/2 Cord of wood due to milder expected temps.

Quote Originally Posted by MuadDale View Post
    I'll likely attend if my WB quilt set arrives in time, so I may be a late sign-up. Ordered Black Friday with a 4-8 week lead time so we'll see.
    You're close enough to wait until last minute. That said, don't let that stop you from coming anyway. Let us know what you need and we'll make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix6579 View Post
    I’m hoping to gather all the supplies and do a class on how to make a reflectix cozy for a cook pot/mug on Saturday morning. So of you interested be on the lookout in the lodge after breakfast.
    Yes. That's me. Mine is all sad looking and busted and doesn't work anymore. You can use my mug for testing and class presentation.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast